SF Bay Area GTG memorial day weekend.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for the location too - guess I could just drive around looking for a collection of old trucks, but that seems a bit inefficient.

Got a few parts to get rid of I'm going to probably bring up too.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok Ill check this in the am, like 5 am for any needs to bring. got turbos ,cams, misc stuff. Also bringing return kits, oil cooler seals if I remember where I put them. Looooong week.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok Ill check this in the am, like 5 am for any needs to bring. got turbos ,cams, misc stuff. Also bringing return kits, oil cooler seals if I remember where I put them. Looooong week.
I'll definitely take a return kit, I'm pretty sure my truck leaks more diesel than it burns right now. Smells real good when I turn the knob to Vent :D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's going to be a work on truck day along with the BBQ. Right now, I'm looking at being at the shop roughly at noon. There's some things to be done there and if you want to have problems addressed, be there and don't forget some cooldown time for warm motors. the focus is prolly changing over to food and stuff at my house no earlier than 3pm. Prolly 4-5pm would be when the fires will be lit. finish time will be whenever it will be. we tend to carry on late.
if you don't have my address, PM me with a phone number and I will call you.
don't forget to bring seating and if you have an extra folding chair, bring it too.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was one helluva GTG. Thanks to everyone who showed up and pitched in! ;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet
here's some pics of the trucks that showed up. a few came in other vehicles but all in all, we had a great time.:hail:hail:hail;Sweet

Attachments

• P1040413.JPG
    P1040413.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 51
  • P1040414.JPG
    P1040414.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 44
  • P1040416.JPG
    P1040416.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 43
  • P1040419.JPG
    P1040419.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 39

gandalf

Reaction score
I've got to agree with Calvin. The GTG was among the best we've had here. The company was very good. I met a number of people I hadn't met before, some relatively new members and some long-standing members new to the area. It's always nice to be able to put a face to a name on a posting. The food seems to get better with each GTG. I left absolutely stuffed. My thanks to all who provided such good food. Special thanks to Calvin for hosting this GTG. It's always a pleasure.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was my first time attending one of these get togethers, I had a great time! Good trucks, great food, and the best company, perfect recipe for a good day :D

Thanks to everyone who came out, it was great to meet you all. And special thanks to Calvin for hosting the event.

Here are a few of the pictures I took from when we lined the trucks up:

You must be registered for see images attach

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A big THANK YOU to towcat for hosting and putting this together! Great time, great food, great company ;Sweet It was nice to meet a few new people and see others again...for the first time in a long time, for one of them.

I did a bit of editing with the pictures on my camera...I think these are the best ones ;Sweet

Lined up:
attachment.php

Left to right: towcat, Golden Helmet, jaluhn83, 328 Mike, typ4, IDIot, and me.
attachment.php

A "close-up" of the three trucks on the right. For some reason, the crew-cabs ended up congregating together :D well, two crew cabs and one crew-and-a-half cab LOL
attachment.php

A second shot of crew-cab row ;Sweet
attachment.php

Two extended-cabs and two regular cabs ;Sweet
attachment.php

Tried to get a shot of IDIot's truck as he was pulling out, but he was too fast for my camera to focus in time LOL
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3624.jpg
    IMG_3624.jpg
    636.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3632.JPG
    IMG_3632.JPG
    492.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3639.jpg
    IMG_3639.jpg
    640.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3640.jpg
    IMG_3640.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3643.jpg
    IMG_3643.jpg
    729.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3646.jpg
    IMG_3646.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 101

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Nice lineup. Sorry I could not make it.

I would be very interested in seeing a how-to on IDIoit's 6-slammer. Your parting shot was good enough to show plenty of detail.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hellova time!

TOWCAT, thanks for hosting this awesome shindig!
it was great to meet everyone! had a great time.
lots of nice trucks! building custom camper shells,
delicious food, just an all around great day!

i showed up with 3 dashes, left with 2 turbos and 2 cams!
Typ4, thank you for the awesome parts, i cant wait to put my rig back under the knife.

Scored a hydroboost, and got rid of some spare parts!
kinda funny that the CC's the ex cab OBS's and the SC all stuck together without planning.
until the next one guys!
again thanks for the perfect,"Crash Santa Clara with oil and smoke" day!!!

knuckledragger, here you go...
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...ab-w-6-doors&highlight=87+Crew+Cab+w/+6+doors

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got to agree with Calvin. The GTG was among the best we've had here. The company was very good. I met a number of people I hadn't met before, some relatively new members and some long-standing members new to the area. It's always nice to be able to put a face to a name on a posting. The food seems to get better with each GTG. I left absolutely stuffed. My thanks to all who provided such good food. Special thanks to Calvin for hosting this GTG. It's always a pleasure.
I'd like to give a special thanks to 328 Mike for the ribs and the prep, "Golden Helmet" for the sausages and the proper way to cook them(they are lean enough where you either had it just right or they were too dry), and Michelle Mathis for the loaded baked potatoes. Lastly, thanks to those who were able to bring a side dish and desserts. The only reason why the events are getting better and better, it's because of the people who do show up and participate. I might push it out to a two day event if there is a call for it. the truck/tech side of things could use more time but we had to start cooking or people will be hungry. I'm open for suggestions and input, it's the only way we can keep getting better. Who knows, we just might have enough momentum for a west coast rally just yet! :D

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
West coast rally I'm in... Hopefully next year I'll be there for the Midwest rally.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really sorry I missed this! Looks like you could have just squeezed another std cab in there! I'm glad everyone had a great time, hopefully there's less competing for my time next year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online