walkthrough of my working on my brakes/vacuum system

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don't have one for the trucks, just the mustang and the probe, atleast in my model year.

sgallaty

Engineer
Reaction score
They are looking into it. None of their suppliers have them, but they have custom options - I just don't know if the price will be reasonable.

sgallaty

Engineer
Reaction score
I am concerned about durability, but I was also concerned about flex and expansion. There's a lot of braking pressure there.

I figuire if I'm replacing it and there are braided available, why not?

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Stock is fine.
If that company can't make you some, you could make your own.
If everything is the same as the F-series, you could probably buy them somewhere. Yeah, the stock length are harder to find, but they are out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mbolton1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My original's lasted 30 years, and still worked perfectly.
Replaced for $10 each, cheap peace of mind. Hopefully will last for another 30

sgallaty

Engineer
Reaction score
In for a penny, right?

Whoever said replace the calipers - heh. I was trying to skirt that little expense. I know, bad idea to try to save on brakes whatever. Anyhow I pulled the calipers off and - holy smokes the pistons had partially disintegrated. How hot do you think THAT is?

Off to get new calipers.

sgallaty

Engineer
Reaction score
oh pain in my butt. I didn't check the bearing kit I got from autozone. they charged me for the whole kit but gave me just inner bearings and races, so I don't have inner seals.

I'll reuse bearings if there's no bluing and no wobble, races if there are no scores, but seals - enh. Maybe everyone here is much more skilled than I am but I've never managed to remove a pressed in seal and had it come out as round as I'd want a new seal to be.