stall and a no start

Ladman

Ladman
Reaction score
we have a Diagnostic scaner for OBDII. i ran it on my truck, and all it keep saying was not supported on ever test it did. The thing is it works fine on my moms car that is gas. is there a different scaner used just for diesel engines, or can it Coincide with both and im doing it wrong?

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
so from the fuel tank to the fuel filter it is getting fuel no problem. my gues would be the HPOP or injectors are not working. but it is only a guess at this point. my queston is, which one of them would stop working first, if indeed it is one of those two things?

You are getting fuel or the filter would be low/empty so the "delivery" system is operational...no smoke/raw fuel from the tailpipe indicates a problem after the delivery system......

On top of the engine at the very front is a rectangle shaped box that will have a pressure sensor on the pass side and a allen plug on the driver side...remove that plug and see where the oil level is at...if within a 1/2" from top good to go... then your problem could most likely be the IPR...it is operated by a coil and the internals use o rings that are known to fail....

In closing, PLEASE think before you hit the submit button ;Sweet

Ladman

Ladman
Reaction score
i will try to find that sensor and see if that is the problem. I would also like to look at the IDM. the problem is i cant find it. the diagram i looked at to find it show it being on the drivers side under the hood. i have looked there and i have not seen it. were exactley is it located?

Ladman

Ladman
Reaction score
Yes i did replace the Crankshaft sensor, it still no workie. The tach is not showing RPM's when trying to start. Im not sure what the lift pump is that you speak of, but the fuel pump and all the relay's click on and are good. I attemped to find the IDM, but had no luck. i heard it was located in the drivers side fender, but did not attempt. Needless to say, i have done all that i can do with the engine to try to get it to work with out going elbow deep into the engine. The business i bought the truck from is going to pick it up tomorrow to have their Mech work on it. Hopefuly he can fix it. Thankyou all for your help in this matter.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
IF you not showing RPM's on the tach. It's a sensor or elec. issue. Not mech. It needs to be put on a good scanner

Ladman

Ladman
Reaction score
Found out it was the IDM today. as soon as it got replaced the truck started right up. Thanks for all the help guys.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
unfortunatly had ya had a scanner that worked with the truck. problem would have been found in less than 5 minutes.
glad ya got it fixed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin