ATS 088 Turbo kit

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My non-wastegated ATS turbo kit is up for sale. I have all the big parts, but the turbo will likely need rebuilt. I took it off because it began to spit oil out the compressor side and into the intake of my truck. The intake piping was clean where my CDR was plumbed in, so logic says the oil was coming from the shaft seal.

I've got everything except a few nuts and bolts, and the ATS valve cover grommet for the CDR (I run a banks adapter and a piece of 1" heater hose...). I BELIEVE that I've got a brand new valley pan grommet out in the garage, which is necessary because ATS doesn't supply parts for this kit anymore.

The downpipe had to be cut off my existing exhaust system, but there is plenty there for you to mate up to your exhaust. The crossover pipe and up pipes are in good shape, and seal well into the housing with a little stove pipe cement. (I tried running 'em dry, but had exhaust leaks. The stove pipe cement is the ticket to make 'em seal!)

Most used kits go for $600-$800 plus shipping, assuming they're in working condition. Because mine needs a rebuild, I'll start my asking price at $400 plus shipping. It's got a week here and then it goes on eBay...

Email direct at [email protected] for details and photos if desired.

Ryan

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wastegated for sure. The non-gated version worked great for a few years, but the boost comes on sooner and boosts at a higher level with the gated turbo.

zpd307

Reaction score
thats what i figured. i have an in on an old ats 093 from another member here. but i have been tempted by a couple of old nongated banks here that were way closer on craigslist. thanks and good luck on your sale.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
on another note, if your just driving the truck, the 088 is not a bad turbo at all.
beats the beans outta NA.

price is right, I paid $800 for the 088 3 years ago. and I still had to go parts fishing to get it all in.

zpd307

Reaction score
i do believe that any turbo will help on a n/a. i just think that some are better than others. from what i have read and heard, a agted turbo would be better for me. if i am going to spend that kind of money, i dont want to be asking myself if i could have gotten something better. i'll have about that into it with a rebuild and upgrades. now, if i found a really good deal, then anything goes....

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys...I don't check down here often enough...that is why the ad says to email me directly!

Anyway, it is still available, but I have a sale pending at the moment. If the sale falls through, I'll post it up again and let y'all know.

to the post above- Yes, I removed it from my 92 to make way for the Aurora 2000 kit as I believe the 088 kit uses a little oil from the main shaft of the turbo. I advertised it as needing rebuild because I don't want someone to install it and be dissatisified with oil leakage/usage. It worked fine and boosted decently, but just felt "tired" to me...

Ryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent