anyone know of a e4od swap to zf5 writeup

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as title says, I'm doing this swap, never done a project on one of my trucks this large, my first time, this is my daily driver I even drive it to go get groceries :rotflmao so I don't need any catastrophic failures, I got the 4x4 zf5, front and rear driveshafts, clutch pedal, crossmember and thats it so far, what else am I missing a master with the slave cylinder?

are there any special hydraulic lines I need?
Any special gaskets?

what is the deal I keep hearing about a bushing that wears on the clutch pedal?

also I hear something about the clutch fork breaking?

I plan on replacing bearings and I've decided to dish out the cash for the the luk kit, I think its like $600 for SMF and clutch, pressure plate

I know these are a lot of questions, they dont all need to be answered but the more info I can obtain will make this easier

thanks -Nick ;Sweet

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope nothing is wrong with my e4od currently and I'm sure it will make it til spring time, its never been divorced from the motor its all original has 74,600 miles on it plowing and hauling, I cannot stand automatics, probably because I'm still young and stupid but before this truck I was very spoiled by the zf6 and ever since I bought this I said one of these days I'll put in a zf5

I looked over that mod in the tech folder by lucklarue, I would love to do it, but I've never even held a flywheel from one of these trucks in person I don't like the feeling of running blind into unknown territory lol, plus I don't have access to a drill press sadly, I was thinking about welding it though rather than bolting it, I would attempt to gut it first before I welded it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online