Fuel Tank Shower Head

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone once linked to a brass or bronze fuel pickup assembly...I wish for the life of me that I could find that link or that post, but that was many years ago and I lost the bookmark. It was intended for a marine application, but it seemed like it'd be a perfect replacement for us.

I like the nylon line idea; should hold up better than rubber. I wonder how well Viton would work immersed in fuel?

I like the fabricated metal recreations of the shower head, although it'd be nice if something like that were available for sale :angel:

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how well Viton would work immersed in fuel?

The hose you see on the sending unit pics I posted is Viton hose. I "hope" it holds up very well! It was expensive.
I also doubled up the stainless hose clamps for redundancy. The pics only show two clamps but I actually used 4 - 2 on each end.

JLtoolman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rear tank on my dually holds 19.5 gallons from empty to full. You might have to let it vent for that last .2 or .3 gallons.

I put sumps on both my tanks. The rear was clean, with the broken off shower head pretty much intact, except I never found the screen. I used a piece of yellow tygon hose to replace the shower head, and fish mouthed the end. This uses the original pickup because of the spare tire under the tank.

I removed the front tank and cleaned it out, when putting the sump on. It was full of muck, with only little bits of shower head plastic stuck around in the tank. The fuel looked like yellow clabbered milk from everything settling on the bottom. I am using the sump for supply with the return being stock. No screens on either one.

Black nylon in my Bobcat tank fell off after about 10 years. They have gone to yellow tygon fuel hose.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put sumps on both my tanks.
JLtoolman - by any chance do you have any pics of your sump setup? I have thought about a sump for the middle tank. I will probably never do it but knowing that somebody has installed a sump makes me curious:D

JLtoolman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is two.

You must be registered for see images attach

I can take some more in the next couple of days, from under the truck.

The first one is underneath the tank after installation. The second one is inside the tank. I had this tank out from under the truck. If you zoom in, you can see the brown specks from the shower head (and metal chips from cutting the hole). I removed the sump and cleaned it out more before putting the tank on
I don't know why this tank got so much worse than the rear, except for this shower head broke early on. I thought I had a bad gage, because I could not trust this tank.

Thanks,
John

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics! That looks like a nice setup. You should be able to get fuel no matter if the truck is pointed up or downhill or on two wheels going sideways!

JLtoolman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

First picture is the front tank with line externally. The rear tank has the spare tire that goes under it, so i used a fuel line internally to the sump. It is fish mouthed.

Sorry for the pictures being on their side.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might be an option...
Don't know if its duel rated or not.
Went to edit out the non links and my ifail screwed the pooch!
Here's a link next.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online