Finally moved the processor... new setup.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.. we've been putting it off for several months but it was finally time to relocate the WMO system to the new house.

We ended up deciding not to heat the 'fuge drum for now... may change that later though.

Anyways.. pictures..

2 Totes indoors out of the elements..
You must be registered for see images attach

Finished drum will be here.... may move it.. not sure if I like it there or not.

Everything re-plumbed using Gasoila thread sealer

Pump and motor mounted to the wall...

Pressure switches plumbed via 5k psi hyd. hose

Running Vid..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45rIu_DQk70

Working on wiring in the pressure switches soon but currently mixing up a batch as we ran dry last week... plus we are running out of storage space.. 2 full totes inside and 1 full tote still at the old house plus a couple drums I still need to pick-up from work...

Also planning on adding a site glass (clear tube) to the drum to make it easier to fill since we chose to use a closed top drum...

This setup has come a LONG way from the 2 micron spin on filter and gravity feed setup we started with.. still has a bit further to go though.

More to come!
-Chris

Last edited:

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.. made some progress and had some hiccups today...

Our old motor decided it didn't like its bearings anymore.. when I shut it down last night, I could barely turn the motor by hand and it was rather toasty.. didn't overheat but it was certainly under a high load.

A48WillyzGuy had an extra motor laying around so I swapped it out this morning...

Now the problem.. going from a 1/3hp motor to a 1/4hp motor didn't work with the current pulley size. I went and picked up the smallest 5/8" arbor pulley I could find (1.75") and installed it on the motor side. That has kept the motor from tripping the thermal protection so far but the motor is still working really hard. I'll probably swap the pulley on the pump which is currently 3.5" for something along the lines of a 5" or so... don't really need the speed out of the pump as it builds plenty of pressure as it is.

Then I decided while I was keeping an eye on things, I would go on and wire up the pressure switches I had been holding onto for so long..

The low pressure works great. Anything below 83psi and it kills the motor until the system is reset. The 15amp switch between the pressure switches allows us to bypass the low pressure switch as the system comes online... then flip the switch off so that it relies on the pressure switches only.

The problem is the high pressure switch. I didn't take into consideration that this switch doesn't have a manual reset. As its currently setup, when the switch engages (over pressure), the motor shuts off... but as soon as pressure drops below that point, the motor reenergizes.

I'm thinking about trying to tighten up the operating window between the switches. Right now, the low pressure is set to 83.. the high pressure is set to 96.. Might set the high pressure down to 90 or high 80s and see if when the switch hits, pressure will drop below the low pressure switch and shut everything down properly...

Otherwise, I'll have to source a high pressure switch with a manual reset (which Ashcroft does make one identical to the ones I have now).. but I don't really want to buy more switches.. lol.

Anyways, more to come.

-EDIT-
Closing the operating window a bit fixed the problem. Now the system has a ~10psi operating window and both the over pressure switch and low pressure switches work flawlessly. Very happy with this setup.

Last edited:

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for post pics of your setup. What kind of pump is that?

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pressure pump for the centrifuge is a power steering pump from a 2002 ford focus. The pump can be bought new for $50 or so. I had this one laying around.. Swapped the pulley and run it with an old 1/4hp Dayton motor that was also laying around the shop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online