Banks boost gauge question

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I had a question regarding a Banks boost gauge. I found a 0-15 psi gauge on Summit Racing for $46, but it's hard to tell if this gauge is all I need. They also have a Banks boost gauge "Installation Kit" listed on Summit Racing as well. I am assuming that I need both, that is, unless the gauge comes with the installation kit already. Has anyone purchased a Banks gauge and knows what comes with the kit? I tried dealing with Banks directly awhile back and they quoted me some ridiculous price for the gauge. Honestly, every time I've tried dealing with them I get the runaround, so I'm not inclined to try to ask them directly if this gauge is all I need or not.

Here is the link to the gauge:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gbe-63435

This is the installation kit:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gbe-63032

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call the 800# the tech dept can answer that.
Sorry about banks'my dealings were great( was a year back)!

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Directly from the reviews at the bottom of the page for the gauge:

I wish this had come with the hose and fittings required to install this gauge. Please update your description to mention this or start carrying the complete kit. Your customer service was awesome as usual though.

My take on that, is you need both. Also, you will need someplace to put it. Not sure if it comes with a basic holder or not.... may need to check into that. Unless you are putting one in an existing pod.......

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Directly from the reviews at the bottom of the page for the gauge:

Opp, I guess I should have read the reviews. Fair enough as $65 is still wayyyy cheaper than what Banks quoted me. I honestly don't know how I'm going to mount it yet, I have a few ideas I'm throwing around. I have a 2 gauge dash mounted mod with a tack and pyro that don't work which I will probably be replacing as well. I'm thinking of a 3 pod pillar for some more gauges, so it may go there.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
When Banks installed my sidewinder turbo years ago they mounted this gauge and the pyro on the trans tunnel on the bottom of the dash. Stupid place to be looking at an important set of gauges. After using it there for some time I finally moved it here and am very happy now. I only wish they were better illuminated like the isspro are.
You must be registered for see images attach

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the custom guage mount on the truck I just bought! These will be relocated to a pod on the pillar.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying again.

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Twin Sunpros from AutoZone. Came with everything to install and mount.

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vacuum is connected to the vacuum distribution block on drivers side fender. Boost to the fitting on the intake hat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online