Fuel selector valve?

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have wiring diagram for this? What each of the 5 pinouts are? And do they default to the front tank? Thanks

2stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 1986 they are pin 1&2 have 12v and ground, it chnges from one to the other with the tank switch position on the dash. pin 4 goes to the fuel guage and pin 3 is front tank sender and pin 5 to the rear tank sender. Check this against yours if it doesnt check out I can look up your year--what year you got? Also they do not have a default, the can stay stuck in either tank position or even in between. They even do weird things as draw fuel from one tank and return to the other. Had this happen fuel started to run out of one of my tanks. Also you can drill out the rivits and open this thing up and fix it.

gandalf

Reaction score
Are the pins actually labeled? Are they 1 through 5 front to rear? Do you have color coding?

I'll attach a picture of the FSV with the cable connector coming out the bottom. I have another picture (2 actually) showing the wires themselves, but they're a bit fuzzy. This picture is from my '92 CC.

You must be registered for see images attach

You said that #4, I believe, goes to the gauge. So, that single wire feeds the gauge, showing the condition of either tank, depending on the dash switch. True?

sassyrel

Reaction score
Are the pins actually labeled? Are they 1 through 5 front to rear? Do you have color coding?

I'll attach a picture of the FSV with the cable connector coming out the bottom. I have another picture (2 actually) showing the wires themselves, but they're a bit fuzzy. This picture is from my '92 CC.

You said that #4, I believe, goes to the gauge. So, that single wire feeds the gauge, showing the condition of either tank, depending on the dash switch. True?

he said,,3 and 5 are the gauge wires.. front and rear..

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually in my 96. I figure they are the same. Not gettn any response in the psd forums. Ill check it w what you said later. Thanks

gandalf

Reaction score
he said,,3 and 5 are the gauge wires.. front and rear..

What I believe he is saying is that #3 runs between the FSV and the front tank sender, #5 runs between the FSV and the rear tank sender, and #4 runs between the FSV and the dash gauge, carrying information from whichever tank sender is selected by the dash switch.

2stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow up--I checked in the most receint books I have 1991---The pins go to the same end points but the colours are different, anyone needs to know just ask.

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW if it is not clear to you from the diagram it DOES NOT default to either tank. When you put voltage to the valve it changes tank (3 things at once, supply, return and gauge). If something goes wrong, you could be stuck on either front or back tank no matter what position of the switch..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online