Open downpipe is pretty badass

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was messing with my exhaust last week, took the truck for a test drive and the exhaust fell off. But I have to say that an open downpipe sounds pretty sweet :sly

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Ha ha LOL I fought the ATS on mine last week by myself without any luck so I drove it to my brothers house without it in.

It does sound cool. The sound reminds me of Mad Max The Road Warrior when he's driving the black car and flips on the blower!.... Sweet :D

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Ha ha LOL I fought the ATS on mine last week by myself without any luck so I drove it to my brothers house without it in.

Were you installing a new ATS exhaust system ?? What problems did you run into ???

mudduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i drove mine open downpipe for about a week while i was waiting for parts to finish my exaust after i turbo'd mine. it did sound really cool but after a week of driving it i was ready for full exaust . and i think my neighbors were glad when it was full exaust also cuz i work at 6:30 am most every dayLOL

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine sounded hoggy LOL, was driving calmly and heard a snap as the previous owners bad welding snapped and downpipe disconnected. part of the hoggyness was probably the exhaust partially going in and echoing though LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
When I had Barney's truck at the house to finish up, TDT had an open downpipe and man did that thing whistle!!!
Hooked up the 4" exhaust to it but it sure didn't quiet that whistle.:sly

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yea, people got out of the way when i was running around with only a down pipe. whistled like a big rig to-Drool

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does that solve your stacks/mufflers issue now? :sly

haha, actually I was playing with different muffler combinations and tried to test drive the truck with no hangers on the exhaust...turned out to not be the best idea! I am getting it to where I like it though. Found out a couple neat tricks.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I had the bolt that holds the downpipe in place snap and had the downpipe fall out of my turbo. That....was a sweet a$$ sound ;Sweet.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I think that on a turbo IDI, the more pipe you have behind the turbo, the loud it is :dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online