Help with turbo identification

zukinut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had posted up tryin to find out what turbo this fella has for sale. He sent me some pics today. It mounts on the drivers side of the motor. It has a pedastal that comes off the drivers side exhaust manifold. its a air research cmi-5 160 t04 turbo. Do you have any idea whos kit it is.. I compared the pictures to all the kits available now and no matches. It doesnt have an air box it has a k&n style filter that attatches to it. Any ideas I can post pics tommorow.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Will

alpina1

Reaction score
It Is a BAE turbo kit. Comes with a new exhaust manifold, and a crossover pipe, and intake hat. I have one off of a 84 good turbo setup, but if you use it replace clutch line with the later stainless one because of heat

zukinut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you run your setup much seems that it would superheat the brakes as well.I looked it up online and they don't list it.I wonder if you can still get parts for it. Are the exhaust manifolds the same for a 7.3 and a 6.9

alpina1

Reaction score
Yes, we ran that turbo for 2-300,000 miles until the motor went then we just swapped in the motor and banks out of my other truck. The only problem we had was that clutch line, and it was on the truck 10 years when that went. It would fit a 6.9 or 7.3 if you want e-mail me the pics and I can tell you what might be missing. You will not find much infor on the ford BAE kits anywhere, the died with BAE in the late 80's you can find a little info on their vw rabbit diesel, or bmw 320i kits though.
-Kyle

PowerbyFord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the kit I just came across. Mine has BAE on the exhaust manifold. Do a search for RotoMaster Turbo on here, I have some pictures of the setup.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That kit is interesting to say the least. I know several guys have wanted to get their hands on one of those manifolds to use as template to make a matching manifold for the passenger's side for a parallel twin turbo set up.

Heath

zukinut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kyle,

Whats your email address. So i can send you the pics. The price is killer on the setup i think. Do you still have your bae kit? Ill send the pics as soon as i get your email address.

Will

alpina1

Reaction score
My e-mail address is [email protected]
Yes I still have my bae kit, it is in the shop off the truck as I do not have a idi truck anymore. What is the asking price on the kit you are looking at?
-Kyle