ATS 088 downpipe bracket?

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Okay since there is no clamp how do you guys with the non wastegated ATS kits hold your down pipe in? I appears that there is a bracket I'm missing.

:confused:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wielded on a tab with a hole in it on the down pipe close to the cross over connection. Then used a spring to pull the down pipe to a small hole in the cross over tube connection flange. I'll take a pic later when theres light out to show you how it is on mine.

The schematic for the 088 ATS kit shows a long narrow angle bracket that ties the down pipe to the engine somehow. What might be easiest if you don't have a wielder is to use a pipe clamp to attach a hook or really tough spring from the downpile to the engine. Although I've noticed that my DP will stay in place even without anything to tie it to the engine.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres a tab welded on the downpipe that has a slotted hole in it. There is also a bracket that goes under the inboard stud on the pasg side exhaust manifold that angles down at the same degree of the downpipe. You bolt the tab on the pipe to the bracket and it can't move. Same setup on my new Aurora 2000 turbo too...

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
My downpipe is held to the turbo (ATS 088) by the exhaust clamp. It's one that both the downpipe and the turbo outlet slide into and clamps closed with two bolts.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
Well went out & spent about an hour in the garage with the grinder & welder & fabbed up my own bracket. Seems like it worked, the rattle on the floor board wasn't quite as bad. :D