power steering pump bracket and block heater cord needed

JourneymanD

Reaction score
Has anybody got a spare block heater cord? I believe mine to be the stock block heater. both 7.3L engines i have sport the same block heater in them. It is brass with a kidney shaped 3 pin plug and says 1000W on it. I could use a cord for it as this truck is eventually going to live in the snow country, and I am likely to need the heat on occasion.

Also, I need a power steering pump bracket. I don't know exactly what i need though. the truck is an 87 E350 that originally had a 6.9L IDI in it. somebody put a 7.3L IDI from an 88 or 89 "something" in it. I got an engine that was marked 89 emissions out of a 90 F350 that was originally a gasser, but the cast aluminum bracket on it is not the one i need. I am looking for the stamped steel "cradle" that goes around the PS pump. the part number that is stamped on it is FORD # D8TA-3A732-BA. can anybody help me? Mine was broken and somebody welded it up, and it doesn't mount the pump right. I might be able to re-work it, but I would rather just replace it unless I have to source one from the Stealership.

Thanks All,

Dylan

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody got a spare block heater cord? I believe mine to be the stock block heater. both 7.3L engines i have sport the same block heater in them. It is brass with a kidney shaped 3 pin plug and says 1000W on it. I could use a cord for it as this truck is eventually going to live in the snow country, and I am likely to need the heat on occasion.

Also, I need a power steering pump bracket. I don't know exactly what i need though. the truck is an 87 E350 that originally had a 6.9L IDI in it. somebody put a 7.3L IDI from an 88 or 89 "something" in it. I got an engine that was marked 89 emissions out of a 90 F350 that was originally a gasser, but the cast aluminum bracket on it is not the one i need. I am looking for the stamped steel "cradle" that goes around the PS pump. the part number that is stamped on it is FORD # D8TA-3A732-BA. can anybody help me? Mine was broken and somebody welded it up, and it doesn't mount the pump right. I might be able to re-work it, but I would rather just replace it unless I have to source one from the Stealership.

Thanks All,

Dylan

I'll check this morning but I think I have the castiron one maybe two of them. Where do you live?

Jim

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A picture of your broken one would help.

JourneymanD

Reaction score
pics of the bracket i need

Attachments

• brkt 1.jpg
    brkt 1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 4
  • brkt 2.jpg
    brkt 2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 5

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Somebody's going to have one I bet.

JourneymanD

Reaction score
Not much response yet guys... I know somebody is bound to have what i need. the bracket i have was broken, and whoever welded it up got it all crooked and warped. The PS pump sits angled to the belts... no good. I don't have much reference as to where the original edges were 'cause whoever welded it used WAY TOO MUCH heat and filler. Looks like a seagull was perched on the pump for a week, and the bracket is also warped to hell.

How about the block heater cord while i wait for someone to speak up 'bout the bracket?

Thanks guys

Dylan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online