Oil feed line adapter

JohnnyCake17

Reaction score
Hey guys long time listener, first time caller here. Does the orientation of this adapter matter? It’s a Garrett AR 70 on a 7.3 idi. Also, is the extra, blocked off port for a oil pressure sensor? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpeg
    IMG_0444.jpeg
    467.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0442.jpeg
    IMG_0442.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 14

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That looks like the correct orientation. I don't think that you can get it wrong. If you do, you won't be able to attach your oil feed line. That looks like a ATS 093 or a Factory Turbo which are basically the same thing. I don't believe that there is an extra, blocked off port. There's two mounting holes with bolts in them.

JohnnyCake17

Reaction score
Thanks for your response and yes it is an ATS 093. If you look on the front of the circled portion, there is a gold bolt I threaded into it to port off that section. I just wasn’t sure if there is a flow to it? I seen a guy who rebuilds these and it was turned around according to the numbers on top.

JohnnyCake17

Reaction score
That looks like the correct orientation. I don't think that you can get it wrong. If you do, you won't be able to attach your oil feed line. That looks like a ATS 093 or a Factory Turbo which are basically the same thing. I don't believe that there is an extra, blocked off port. There's two mounting holes with bolts in them.
Thanks for your response and yes it is an ATS 093. If you look on the front of the circled portion, there is a gold bolt I threaded into it to port off that section. I just wasn’t sure if there is a flow to it? I seen a guy who rebuilds these and it was turned around according to the numbers on top.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
That doesnt look like the ats 093 turbo I have, unless you have an OEM style turbo. Mine just has a simple JIC threaded port on the top for oil inlet. My oil pressure sensor is still on the back of the block, I just added a tee for it.

Also hello from Portland

JohnnyCake17

Reaction score
That doesnt look like the ats 093 turbo I have, unless you have an OEM style turbo. Mine just has a simple JIC threaded port on the top for oil inlet. My oil pressure sensor is still on the back of the block, I just added a tee for it.

Also hello from Portland
Hmmmm maybe it is a different turbo then. Everything else about the kit is ATS 093 with the air box and bigger down pipe.

That adapter didn’t come with it, but I added it on top because I was under the impression it allows for oil pressure sensor as well as a safety shut off if pressure gets low. But I’m not sure what part would be needed or if that is correct at all.

Hello from Eastern Oregon!

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that port is for the OEM oil pressure sender. It's useless as the dash gauge is just a dummy on/off switch, but that's what the port is for. I have that same setup on the factory Ford turbo kit I put on my 89. I highly suggest getting a real gauge and putting the sender down on the block in an oil galley port instead.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online