New batteries... now its shifting wierd??

discbrks

Reaction score
I don't drive my truck much at all. For the past week its been sitting in the shop while I installed an electric pump, new starter (killed the old one trying to figure out why my pump wouldn't prime) and 2 new batteries ("scratch-top" batteries from Interstate). Since I have to drive it to work tomorrow, I decided to go ahead & install the f/p block off plate and give it a test run. Ran great, but now it seems to shift sooner, or earlier than before. Not long ago I installed a new FILP and set it to 1.0v and 4.2v. I thought either the new batteries gave it more voltage than before or I might have bumped it while working under the hood. So I checked the voltage and its at 1.09v (idle) and 4.25v (wot). Any ideas? I gotta take her to work in the morn. and its getting too dark to mess with it tonight. Just thought I'd get some input before I dig deeper tomorrow night. I'm kinda dumbfounded. :dunno

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually absolutely hate the way the E4OD shifts when the idle is at 1V, I have mine set at 1.2V idle and 4.3V WOT and I really like how it shifts - every shift is very predictable, including the converter lockup, I practically shift it with my right foot all the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online

No members online now.