4 speed to ZF5 swap

94turbocrewcab-lb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a good idea I’ll ask. The $2500 guy is firm on 2500

Trying to save cash this year..not let it all go

-one thing I noticed in the photos is what looks like an open inspection plate or something but the slave cylinder? Is that right?

Does anyone have a lead on the short wiring harness I’d need to plug and play vs modifying the auto harness?

Last edited:

85rollback

Reaction score
Got my LUK clutch and flywheel kit delivered today. I was ready to pick up a name brand TO bearing but I was happily surprised to see this in the kit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240517_115129_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240517_115129_Gallery.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 8

94turbocrewcab-lb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the response I got from the seller after asking to pull some fluid.

“sorry man the fluid was already pulled i don’t have any pictures of it. I can try and get a little for you. I totally get it. i TOTALLY understand as it’s a long drive so i will do everything i can for you and get you what you need to make sure you’re getting something good”

Not sure why the fluid would be pulled unless it was draining around his truck

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
It makes it lighter.
Some fluid inspection is better than none. Any debris will settle at the bottom, and thats where the drain plug is

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
As long as those rock bits are something that fell onto the plate from outside the transmission, its probably fine. Darkened fluid like that is just old fluid, and it doesnt look like a glitter bomb so thats a bonus.

If you're going to go manual swap, I'd suggest that one.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Only thing you'll need for the harness is the reverse light connector. I believe the speed signal is the same, but let's let someone else chime in