ZF5 conversion bolt dimensions

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just received my LuK Clutch kit, hydraulic cylinders, just waiting for the flywheel that should be here today. There are no bolts included with the clutch kit so I was wondering if anyone knew the dimensions of the bolts that are required? Also - if anyone knows the dimensions of the bolts needed to mate the ZF5 up to the 7.3idi, I would like to pickup a new set of those as well. Truck is a 94 F250 7.3 N/A 4x4 E4OD.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh. Mine came with bolts.

Here are the bolts they sent me.

You must be registered for see images attach

They are flange bolts.

Make sure to use the correct torque. I was one of the lucky few to get a luk set with a misprinted torque spec on the bag for the pressure plate bolts. The picture above is the replacement set they overnighted to me after this happened.

The tech guy said "You didn't torque them to XX did you?" My response was all but 1.

[emoji21]

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the specs are right there on those packages.
Flywheel bolts:
9 @ 3/8-16 by 2 1/8" long, grade 8
Clutch bolts:
8 @ 5/16-18 by 0.95" long, grade 8.

Chances are you can find something close at your local hardware store as they are standard threads/sizes. Make sure to get grade 8.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you buy it from? Pretty sure most of the SMF conversions come with bolts. I know mine did. Maybe call luk?

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
I was looking at the packages today and found the bolt bags had slipped out of the flywheel box, they were hiding in the bubble wrap.

You guys put blue loctite on all of your bolts? What is that red compound on the threads of the new bolts?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The red stuff is thread locker. Make sure to put sealant on the flywheel bolts.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The flywheel to crank flange bolts REQUIRE thread sealant. Those bolt holes are thru drilled to the oily side of the crank case. you bet oil will leak past the tightened threads and ruin the new clutch. A few members have found this out the hard expensive way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online