You put what in a what???

Reaction score
Are you doing the swap yourself? If so, let us know how it goes. If not, we are trying to get more conversions to do here at the shop.

I had planned on it when I return home from Iraq. I have way more planned than just the engine swap. However, we might be able to cut a deal. Where are you at in Tennessee? Our family lives in Greene County.

amjperformance

Supporting vendor
Reaction score
First off, thank you for your service to our country! We appreciate it! We are located about 30-40 miles SE of Nashville. Give us a call when you get ready to do the swap. Maybe we can work something out. Thanks, Keith

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
hey amj peformance do u have any links or what ever to that ranger or what engine did he put in it thanks a bunch
and lonesome 7.3 thanks a lot also for serving our country

Reaction score
Once my wife goes to pick up the truck, I might be able to talk a deal then. But let me warn you. I am NOT an easy person to deal with when it come to this sort of thing. I do all of my oun work, so I expect a certain level of quality and attention to detail. However, being since I will be over here until late 2010 or longer I may have to let some one else do the work.

By the way, thank you for your appreciation. But I think the men and woman out side the wire deserve the credit. I work for the DOD as a civilian now. I do have a very important job, but I no longer travel out side the wire.

Reaction score
My home is not far from Pratt-Whitney at all. We live right off exit seven. Or is it six? I have not been home in a while I cannot remeber.

Reaction score
I did. I also sent the link to my wife. She liked it as well. We discussed it, but there is a lot of labor involved. I doubt we could swing it

milner351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep us posted on this swap possibility.

I recently picked up a '95 MB300 Diesel, it has the 606 24v head, no turbo, 4speed auto with no overdrive - spins around 3000rpm at 70mph.

I bought it pretty cheap with 260k on the clock, runs good no smoke, everything works but the moonroof, and theres only a little surface rust here and there, interior is like new. I intend to cut my teeth on this MB and probably buy more in the future - I can see a real rusty one of the previous generation (pre '87 known as the 123 chassis) being a great powertrain donor for a mini pick up conversion - or even a light 2wd F150.

The problem I can see with the MB transmission is that it's vacuum controlled, so that system would have to be transported from vehicle to vehicle - not a huge deal - and - they are not overdrive - even the 4 speeds, so - the rear gearing and tire size will be critical.

The NA MB diesels are like the IDI fords - little power at the low end - you need to be patient accelerating from a red light..... I could see a conversion being really slow if the powertrain matching was not figured out up front --- a taller rear gear maybe necessary to make sure it's not gutless - but then you'll have to tune for 70mph cruising too as to not loose all your fuel economy.

I would be interested to see if an AOD ford trans could be made to bolt up to the MB engine - that would give over drive and several converter options that the MB's don't have. If a high torque multiplication converter (tuned for towing with ~3x multiplication at stall) could be coupled with an overdrive trans - a conservative rear axle ratio could be retained for good low cruising rpm to sip fuel on the highway.

I'm rambling - stay safe over there - and keep us posted on the progress.

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
cookoo :backoff :puke:

Some weird chyrsler Nissian 3 cylinder industrial engine in an early 70's Ford F300 or something like that. I can get it for free, I'm thinking an IDI or a 6v53 TA DD ;Sweet

that engine in there i would guess to be a baby cat diesel with a homemade turbo setup
i have even heard rumors of guys taking cats (inline sixes) and cutting them in half and chopping and welding the cams and cranks accordingly but i have never seen it with my own eyes my suggestion would be grab any part number you can from the engine and run straight to your cat dealer:dunno just a thought i don't what there colours where but i do know that plymouth also made a diesel engine at one time

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
as far as i know that cat never had a 2 stroke diesel and i think your rite on the home made turbo set up
but ford guy 100 is rite on the nissan part he has numbers and all that **** in another thread on the idi side
but what ive herd not seen is people doing the cutting and welding **** to detroit 2 strokes

Reaction score
I am always looking for different engine that would make great conversions. The Cummins swap we are doing is just to keep it simple. Her truck is a daily driver/hauler. but other irs I would like to experiment with.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
as far as i know that cat never had a 2 stroke diesel and i think your rite on the home made turbo set up
but ford guy 100 is rite on the nissan part he has numbers and all that **** in another thread on the idi side
but what ive herd not seen is people doing the cutting and welding **** to detroit 2 strokes

Yup, I had a bunch of pics on that one thread.

that engine in there i would guess to be a baby cat diesel with a homemade turbo setup
i have even heard rumors of guys taking cats (inline sixes) and cutting them in half and chopping and welding the cams and cranks accordingly but i have never seen it with my own eyes my suggestion would be grab any part number you can from the engine and run straight to your cat dealer:dunno just a thought i don't what there colours where but i do know that plymouth also made a diesel engine at one time

Definatly a Chyrsler Nissian diesel....not much info on it on the web. I found one place that sells in in frame kit for it, dont know if that would help. I guess the engine was rebuilt, and then it was dusted after startup or something. It would be a weird sounding thing, thats for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online