Yet another diesel

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to deliver some parts that I sold, and found at 85 300 turbo diesel Mercedes. Promptly purchased it. It's been sitting 13 years in his garage ,fired right up. I don't know a lot about them but they seem to be a very durable engine.

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
128 k miles. Comes with a vacuum pump rebuild kit. I never thought to snap a couple pics.sending a rollback to get it so I don't have to license and insure it to go 3 miles. And it's right beside the highway patrol barracks..lol

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you can see, paint is chalky on rear but matches perfectly when you get the dead stuff off. Runs like a top and absolutely zero rust anywhere. Small amount of wear on the driver seat, carpets headliner everything very nice. Was underneath looking around. Built very solid with independent rear suspension.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah we still rock it like it's 1989 here in Montana only state ov ever been to where they will take a personal check without a driver's license

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! clean looking car, love the 300D with a turbo. best version of the MB123 chassis, tto bad they didn't put a 5spd manual on these cars. woudl have improved fuel economy #s and 1/4 mile time.........

I would'nt have been able to leave it either, even thought the mrs hated my 85 300D . nice score!:Thumbs Up

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 85 was the best year. It was the only one with a 2.88 rear end. It will sail down the interstate.
Holler if you have questions. I have several of those.

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will take you up on that offer..my son wants to drive it as soon as the salt Gremlins are over.S.Carolina car..rust free..that's rare here.

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a sickness.. there are two more 1985 300Ds on the way here tomorrow. Those cars were $31,000 in 1985?