Wrong Breed Right Wrapper Build :)

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
I am usually on here most of the day and posting quite ofter. This last week and a half i have been busy with my build. Ill let the pics speak for themselves. The best part has yet to come. I just wanted to share these with everyone.

You must be registered for see images attach

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-Drool -Drool -Drool

Gotta save up my nickels and dimes... :angel:

Other than the head studs, are you making any modifications, or are you doing a quality stock rebuild?

Forgive me if the question was asked and answered elsewhere; I haven't seen any other threads on your build...

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the Brown bottle on the floor....make sure u don't be using too many brown bottles while assembling that unit!

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
you could tell right away thats a cummins bottom end. I jumped in the F550 the other day, and bumped it off the governer a few times. Totally not use to not being able to rev it out like the IDI.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Looking GREAT bud! looking forward to see the go fast part youve been working on!

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did something similar to my 12 valve. Didn't disassemble the bottom end, though.

For the last picture, did you install the head and then install the studs?

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
2 bolt mains? I know the straight engines don't create the dancing crank gyrations, but I would still think the stress demands more cap bolts just for strength. Unless there is a girdle. Nice clean build.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
-Drool -Drool -Drool

Gotta save up my nickels and dimes... :angel:

Other than the head studs, are you making any modifications, or are you doing a quality stock rebuild?

Forgive me if the question was asked and answered elsewhere; I haven't seen any other threads on your build...

This is really the first time i have said anything about this build. It is going much farther than a stock rebuild.

I did 20 over industrial pistons
the deck was shaved .006
.010 over head gasket
Bran new head
O ringed head with .008 protrusion
arp head studs
60# valve springs on intake and exhaust valves.
mild port and polish on the exhaust side. Mainly to gasket match
I will be running twin turbos. HX35 secondary with drilled out wastegate hole and milled back divider to gate all 6 cylinder. Over an HT3B primary. 26cm exhaust housing.
5" all the way back to 7" tip
I will be running a 1500cfm water/air intercooler inline with my front mount air/air intercooler
5x014 ccp injectors
running about 50-60lbs boost and im shooting for 450-500hp

Now the cat is out of the bag :) Lots more pics to come. I have just about all the parts to keep going on the build. Just odds and ends im working through as i work along.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy Mary -Drool ;Sweet can't argue with that!!

Where in Hades did you find a 5" over-the-axle pipe? Or are you making one? I've been wanting to do a 5" exhaust ever since I saw/heard Gene Luo's setup :D but the only place I ever found that offered a 5" system for the '80-'96 Fords stopped offering it...

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Holy Mary -Drool ;Sweet can't argue with that!!

Where in Hades did you find a 5" over-the-axle pipe? Or are you making one? I've been wanting to do a 5" exhaust ever since I saw/heard Gene Luo's setup :D but the only place I ever found that offered a 5" system for the '80-'96 Fords stopped offering it...

Here is a post i started a while back while i was waiting on parts. I like to do a lot of research on different things i am going to end up needed so when the time comes i know what im after. The primary turbo has a 5" outlet which has a 20 degree flare and clamp. My exhaust will consist of that 5" flange and clamp. 2 45 degree pieces and a bunch of straight pipe. Along with the over the axle pipe from this place. What i love about this place is you can order the entire system or what ever piece you need from the system. Link to the place is in the thread below.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?55645-Over-the-axle-pipe

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU ;Sweet I had seen that thread before, but I've been so busy that I didn't see that you had resolved it. Have you actually gotten the over-the-axle pipe yet? On a brief look at the website, it doesn't look like you can order online...did you find a local dealer, or how did you go about that?

Thanks again ;Sweet