woe is me.....

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys ol' LuLu Belleis showing her age. The other day for no reason she did not want to start. She later started no problem..... Im gonna take her to Oreillys and get the batteries tested, if not it may be the starter......I did turn up the timing on the pump( about the thickness of a dime; lordy what a difference!) But im thinking I dont trhink advancing the IP would cause it to becomes difficult to start. She got a new GPC and same thing. I will try to keep yall updated. Meanwhile, I gotta drive the wifes E-350 van with a 5.4 gasser( OH THE SHAME!)

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it not spin over or did it spin and just not fire?

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LuLuBelle LIVES!!! come to find out it was the starter all along. apparently, i have been driving around with a half burned up starter...... That says something about the motorocraft products! Starts right up........Now to get rid of those bumps on my head getting that big thing out of the truck!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've also been surprised at the difference of a new starter on these trucks. They don't die like a regular gasser will haha. They die long slow lazy deaths. Sometimes it takes you standing next to someone else's truck with a new starter and hearing it zip start to realize how sluggish yours is haha. At least that's what happened to me.

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, thats what happened!! I cant believe how quick it starts! I want to bump the timing up a bit more, but Im happy with what Ive got. Gonna start on the suspension pretty quick!

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Hear you on not realizing how bad it is starting..... all last winter I was aware of slow starting but it never failed to start. Finally got around to checking it out and found out one battery was at zero volts. So all winter long the 19 year old Powermaster starter got it done on one battery!