WMO in a 6.o

broncobilly_69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody run WMO in their 6 liter? I've heard it does't work well in the high pressure fuel system, but I was wondering if anybody here had tried it or new anyone who tried it.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not tried it, and probally won't. The fuel system components in these engines are VERY expensive ($200 for 1 injector for example). They are also an EGR engine with a Cat. I know these systems are very sensitive and have heard of guys having issues with the EGR running just #2. Now putting all that dirty exhaust through the EGR and the cat you are going to plug them up. The EGR is not cheap to replace, and the cat could be removed, depending on what state you are in and the emissions testing. I do not see any money being saved by paying less per gallon for fuel and then having to drop several thousand dollars into a fuel system repair. That is just an opinion. I think you may be mone ahead to find an old IDI and run WMO in it that repair on the 6.0L. Being computer controlled, you would only be able to run a very small persentage without "confusing" the computer (something like 5%, same as the bio% in normal fuel) Also, there is a large bold text warning in the owners manual for the 6.0 that says no waste oil as fuel......