Windshield Wiper Fluid Reservoir?

WhiskeyBottle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone....I have searched everywhere including dealership...Where in the world can I find a windshield wiper fluid reservoir with pump to fit my 1986 F-250 6.9L? Or does anyone know what I can use in place of the stock one? Seems there are no more stock ones...just replacement pumps only...

Thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have seen them listed on ebay for years.. Might check there if you have not already none that..

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
You guys with the early style trucks have all the luck. Those things are still available. Try finding one for a '92. Complete unobtanium

8seconds

Looking to Modify
Reaction score
The new LMC book has them listed for $89.95 (reservior), page 145 of the Ford Truck and Bronco; Fall edition. They only show a listing for the gasoline engine for the pump, but I believe that there should not be any difference, it list for $26.95.

WhiskeyBottle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Guys...Thanks...I looked at LMC, Ebay, Amazon, etc...etc...I finally found one for a 1987 model F-250, except it has washer fluid & coolant overflow tanks built into one unit. Mine is only one tank for wiper fluid, but the 87 model will fit just right since it has the same mounting tabs as mine...

Cost...$44.95 + tax + $2.95 shipping...I ordered it, only don't know what I will do with coolant overflow part of it as I have a new coolant overflow coming with my new Champion 3 row aluminum radiator. I guess I could run a tube from it and tee it into the washer fluid outlet hose to sprayer for extra wiper fluid capacity...

Thanks again guys..I will be posting my new radiator install and coolant bypass filter soon...

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score
I clicked on this thread after getting the words "windshield washer reservoir" and "whiskey bottle" muffled up in my head...

I thought you had retrofitted a JD Tennessee Honey bottle under your hood to hold washer fluid...

;Sweet

It's been a long day here.

:D

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would avoid replacing with the same problematic style of washer jug/pump system; years ago, the pump on mine siezed, then the brittle plastic jug broke out around the pump when I attempted to remove it.

I bought a generic washer-pump from Walmart that will still, after all these years, squirt fluid plumb over the cab and onto the windshield of the truck behind me, should I aim the nozzles up a bit.

One big advantage to this pump that I wasn't expecting is that I can operate the pump without the wipers being ON.

For many years, my washer-fluid jug was no more than just that --- the jug the fluid came in with an X cut into the lid to poke the hose through.

Although somewhat redneck and ugly, that system performed flawlessly for many years.

Before the Bowling Green KY rallye, I fabricated a neat square-shaped clear plastic jug into a really neat washer-fluid reservoir.

The "draw-straw" is a stainless big-truck tire valve-stem with a plastic hose-nipple hot-glued on.

A neat custom fabricated steel bracket captures and holds the new reservoir.

My cheap Walmart washer-pump has out-lived the factory-original Ford pump by more than five life-times. :)