[wiki[D]iesel]

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
For those of you who are familiar with wikipedia, the online encyclopedia of anything and everything which can be edit by anyone and everyone....what would you think about a wikipedia style encyclopedia dedicated to the 6.9L and 7.3L IDI? I have the means to create it, but i want to get some feedback from the community before doing so. The idea makes sense to me for several reasons:

1. simplify and organize the mass wealth of information present both within the subforum and archives

2. a relativly simpler and more powerful way to search for information

3. it would allow the evolution of the IDI tech articles.

the list goes on and makes sense to me, but waddya'll think?

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Yeah, i really like wikipedia. It always seems like the most updated source of info to me. Althought, technically it could be inaccurate because anyone can mess with it... But still, that'd be a very cool idea.

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
yaric i agree, itd be a bad idea to have it completly open, but as wikipedia has done, you can control access and ability to change data based on a persons user account. the wiki-engine i have at my disposal is highly configureable so im sure we could figure out an acceptable level of data manipulation. anyone gets out of line we can :backoff like we do here in the forum anyway.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you can see by the dates of those two articles that I have placed in there I have been tossing this idea around for a few months already. Weve got a tikiwiki over at SuperDutyDiesel that has been a huge success so far. I have been uncertain about its success/acceptance here so I have been a little reluctant to dive in head first and roll one out. One of the draw backs is.... if a person is onsite (here at OB) and does a search, then all the info at the wiki goes unsearched. On the other hand, the info at the wiki will be FAR less likely to get burried in 30 pages of threads where folks are asking about wheels, best aftermarket radios, or posting links to craiglist or ebay.

If we have a viable interest in this then I would like to go forward with it. I might ask for help from some of you to be editors at large for the wiki.

--------> SDD's wiki

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid I've been the impediment to the Wiki guys. The OB team offered it to me here some time ago, and I didn't ask to have it implimented for the reason mentioned, as well as a few of my own. If you guys really think it is a good idea, then I won't stand in the way, but I fear the technical articles section may suffer, and the Wiki will be less organized, editied, and accurate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01