Why 80% wmo and 20% gasoline?

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
I'm here in Oregon too....Redmond.
Well my front tank I run diesel. My rear tank (38 gal Bronco tank) I run my mix. Winter time 20-30-% Summer 30-40-50%. I also have my tank heaters in ALL, again ALL my tanks, heaters I built out of 1/2" aluminum tubing & installed in ALL my tanks including my bed tank. I have my radiator water-lots of heater hose everywhere, going to my tank heaters. I have my return fuel on a manual 3 position valve. Which ever tank I'm running on I manual switch return fuel to that tank. Lots & lots of work but it all works!

I start on my front tank, warm up etc etc-mile or so, then flip to my rear tank. Couple miles before home I flip everything to front diesel tank.
BTW, I love oil from transmission shops or Hyd oil!
I also used to run WVO yrs ago but can't get it anymore. Still got bout 6-700 gal of it ready to use in summer time.

LOL (I think I've run EVERYTHING in Bessie.... diesel, oils, hay, straw, firewood...) LOL LOL

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could do a manual valve on mine. Only problem is that I have the e-fuel pump on the frame and I don't think it would be able to pull fuel up to the cab then back to the pump. Like 12' of hose from tank to pump if I did that.

Never-Have-I-Ether

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
I wish I could do a manual valve on mine. Only problem is that I have the e-fuel pump on the frame and I don't think it would be able to pull fuel up to the cab then back to the pump. Like 12' of hose from tank to pump if I did that.

Never-Have-I-Ether
I have my rear tank, front tank, then my 135 gal bed tank.
On the frame is the factory FSV (Fuel Selector Valve). Then in front of that I installed a FSV from a gas rig set-up that has 2 in ports, 1 out port. One of the in ports is the fuel coming from the factory FSV. The other in port I have the bed tank plumbed into.. This way I can run either the factory tanks, or my bed tank.
The gas rig FSV then goes forward into a Caterpillar watertrap/screen fuel filter. From that it goes forward into my frame mounted Holly Red E-pump. (All this is mounted on the frame below the cab)
From my Holly Red E-Pump fuel is plumbed along drivers side frame, across front of my crossmember, then up to my 30 plate heat exchanger, then to my own fuel filter set-up.
(I'm currently running FS1212 Fleetguard fuel filters, but with my filter head I can run nearly 90 different fuel filters that'll fit! Everything from a FF105 on up to nearly everyone ever made! I always carry a fuel filter, but nearly ANY WHERE I'm at I can find a fuel filter!)

From my fuel filter fuel goes to IPump.
Return fuel is from engine to my manual 3 way selector valve. Then which ever I have the manual valve set to, the return valve returns fuel to that tank.
I can run from rear tank, return to it, or front tank, or return to bed tank. Or I can run from my bed tank & return to it or either of the 2 other tanks.
The 2 return ports out of the factory FSV I plugged, but plumbed my return fuel from the manual selector valve back into those return lines to the individual tanks.
Hope this clarifies things.
BTW, I also run heater hose along ALL MY FUEL LINES, to my tank heaters, back to return in engine. All this is also wrapped & insulated.
Near as I can tell my complete coolant system holds approx 8 1/2- 9 gal.

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I moved my selector behind the shock. Then it goes 10 micron-pump-2 micron- dual 15 micron w/s. It's an experiment to see if it's too many filters.l and if I can filter on the go, I rather the centrifuge though and looking at how to plumb that in. It works for now.
Never-Have-I-Ether
You must be registered for see images attach

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, are you saying that that Holley red will pump wmo? I figured I was married to the mechanical fuel pump. I had an electric fuel pump before I went to WMO, and miss it.

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, are you saying that that Holley red will pump wmo? I figured I was married to the mechanical fuel pump. I had an electric fuel pump before I went to WMO, and miss it.
It's a Holley Black, and it sure will pump wmo. My friend has a blue with no issues, I decided I wanted the Black because it's slightly better and more powerful. It's placed really close to the wmo tank which is an aux tank on the bed so it's easy to pull from. I make my wmo slightly thicker than diesel, but it's pretty close to the same consistency.

Never-Have-I-Ether

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
I've only run Holly Red or once I ran a Holly Blue for a while. I figured I'd need to run a regulator on a Holly Black.
My Hollys I've run thru the yrs have pumped it all.
I started playing round with WVO back in '03. Summertime I've tried everything from 100% oils on to different mixes. Wintertime usually got to get oils cut down lots, WVO or WMO.

One thing I learned.... Running these oils..... About every month or two or three or so you need to HOOK UP TO A TRAILER, find a hill & get a fire built in yo rig & drive the HECK out of it for 20-30 min. Get it good & warm/hot & drive it! Keep eye on pyro & temp gauge!!!
Need to burn all the ring buildup &/or any other nasty build-ups brought on by running these oils!!!

I like to do this just about oil change time.... go for a hot drive, come home & change oil.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to get hay once a month and that's @30miles one way loaded with 8 rolls, so that's my burn out as it were. It's hilly and I get it puffing pretty good. I don't have a pyro gauge yet, I am cautious though. Thanks for the practical information, ttman4.

dieselfollower

Reaction score
I should probably back off from this (at 300 WHP for the last two years or so) but I have a bad habit of doing at least 2 WOT pulls every time I drive my truck (so WOT once every 10 miles or so). I have only run less than 500 gallons total of WMO/ gas blend Through my truck, but she has never wanted/tried to Coke this way. There have been several times there hasn’t been a drop of diesel In my tank, only waste oil and gas. I’ve started it at 16°F on WMO/ gas only Without being plugged in and one cycle of the grid heater. Though I’m running a first Gen 12 valve.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
I've used kerosene, just needs to be at a higher ratio. I ran 50/50
If I can get my hands on kerosene I jump quick.
Yrs ago back in the early '70s when truck driving I'd get sent out by boss man with $100 bill to make the trip from Tx up to S Dakota, N Dakota, Minn, etc hauling grain or produce up or back. Many a time I'd find a Farm CO-OP, especially in wintertime, & buy kerosene for 5-7-10 cents/gal. no taxes. It ran great! Wintertime it was like running #1 diesel!!!