Who's using 2 cycle oil with their Diesel?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know if any of ya'll been down to wallyworld to pick up a gallon of TCW-3 lately but apparently on July 10th the price went up to just short of $10 a gallon.
Yup, just picked up a gallon three days ago. It was north of 9 dollars.

CHPMustang

OilBurners Staff
Reaction score
On Monday I'm ordering a couple quarts of the OptiLube since it will cost less per gallon of Diesel and is rated higher on Spicer's testing.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give us a report after running it Bill.

waynebo

Reaction score
O.K the loss of lubricity due to the removal of sulfur is easily fixed but the reports of lost fuel economy are real and is it not the loss of sulfur that is the cause, as sulfur does burn very well indeed,light a match and you will see..so i would assume with thought out logic that the loss of fuel economy is a direct result of the loss of sulfur in the fuel,,jmho wayne

fine6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can testify to the mileage loss due to ULSD. It has killed the mileage in my superduty, last summer, I was getting 21 to 22 mpg, now with the ULSD, I'm lucky to get 17.:puke: If I put 2 qt. of ATF in per tank I get 18 to 18.5.:dunno

OkieTruckerD

A Diesel Nut
Reaction score
Now I'm Playing Chemist...HeHeHe

Hello Folks, I've been using this little concoction that I came up with for 2+ months with better results all around. It consists of the following, 32 oz. of Havoline TC-W3 2 cycle oil, 12 oz. of Howes Diesel Treatment, 8 oz. of kerosene, and 8 oz. of Marvel Mystery Oil. That's right, 60 oz. total. This concoction of mine now allows me to acquire 21+ m.p.g. (highway) on my '89 Ford F-250. This is an improvement for me, from 17 and change m.p.g. I've also noticed the following about how my truck runs, I hardly hear the injection pump, significantly less fuel knock, the engine itself has quieted down, and the truck yanks and runs like HELL!;Sweet. Drawbacks (and personally, I don't mind it), potential cost of all chemicals, and grey smoke on take off.

P.S.- I make this concoction for EACH tank.

*WORD OF CAUTION* I wouldn't use this blend in ULSD vehicles, or vehicles with injector nozzles smaller than the IDI's. If you want to try in a 1st or 2nd gen 7.3 PSD, try it at your own risk, and probably start it a smaller amount.

P.P.S.- I'm politically incorrect, and care more about my vehicle running better than my vehicle being burdened with useless emissions equipment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88