Who's using 2 cycle oil with their Diesel?

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running some two-cycle oil, a red shell oil someone gave me, instead of stanadyne additive. Just using the stuff up. Not sure if it does any good, but seems OK. Don't like the red color though.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Supertech from wally world in the tanks now & have not noticed any difference :dunno :dunno

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Supertech from wally world in the tanks now & have not noticed any difference :dunno :dunno

Have now been noticing that the 97 PSD is running smoother and quieter than on ULSD alone. It's also quieter on cold start ups but smokes a tad more.

Made a road trip a couple weeks ago and did not notice any change in mpg, but she ran smoother and quieter on the highway.

All in all this is something I'll keep adding to the tank as it can't hurt :D :D

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Have now been noticing that the 97 PSD is running smoother and quieter than on ULSD alone. It's also quieter on cold start ups but smokes a tad more.

Made a road trip a couple weeks ago and did not notice any change in mpg, but she ran smoother and quieter on the highway.

All in all this is something I'll keep adding to the tank as it can't hurt :D :D
What mix are you using? some have said 2oz to gallon?

CHPMustang

OilBurners Staff
Reaction score
I just started blending 1oz 2cycle plus 2oz Firepower together to each gallon Diesel fuel.

The warmer weather helps a ton when it comes to our Diesel's performance happiness :D ;Sweet

OkieTruckerD

A Diesel Nut
Reaction score
I run a quart of Havoline 2-cycle oil in each tank of my truck (20 gal. front, 18 rear), and my truck runs better, idles better, runs a little cooler and my truck is now averaging 18.5 / gal Highway, versus 17.7 with ULSD.

Whit

Reaction score
so what does that chart say???

it says that a 2% blend of bio diesel is the best ya can get for lubricity

when they remove the sulfer to make ULSD the lubricity gets stripped with it.

2 cyl oil is next best if ya cant get some bio

Haulinhazmat

Reaction score
I run a ihc S1900 with DT 466 and normally use Howe's but thought I would try transmission fluid. Went from 8mpg to 10 mpg the first trip. Hope it lasts.

CHPMustang

OilBurners Staff
Reaction score
Don't know if any of ya'll been down to wallyworld to pick up a gallon of TCW-3 lately but apparently on July 10th the price went up to just short of $10 a gallon.