White smoke, exhaust smell in cab

cc0623

Reaction score
Dodge Ram 3500HD 2013 6.7L, 178,000 miles.
1.5 years ago replaced injectors and turbo, and deleted. Cost $8500.00

Problem is blowing white smoke, and exhaust fumes in cab, this issue started recently. The service light came on for an oil change, fuel filter. and coolant low. So I filled coolant, it took 1/3 of a gallon. Took the truck in and had full service done. The mechanic said, he thought an injector was going out since it was blowing white smoke and rough idle. He also said, he thinks there is an issue with the exhaust manifold or gasket. $1200.00 repair ya think?

Could my problems be anything other than injectors? A few weeks ago I tried to start the truck. I heard a clunk, tried again a partial clunk, 3rd time it turned over but was very rough. And then it started blowing white smoke, got the coolant and service light then. I would hate to dump $1200 into the injectors for testing only for it to be an issue elsewhere. At this point it looks like I might need to spend another 2500.00 in repairs. 11k in repairs in 2 years makes me ill. Any advice or recommendations before I start a possible unneeded repair Would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online