Where does it go? Strange Wire

JonD

Reaction score
Not sure how to ask. I’ve got the EVTM and wiring diagrams and can’t find this anywhere. My son was replacing his glow plugs, fuel injectors, and return lines on his ‘92 E350 ambulance when I noticed a wire disconnected. Anyone working on these 7.3 IDI engines in a van knows the cramped conditions. I’ve felt around and tried using a mirror and flashlight but give up. Since I wasn’t there when he did most of the work, I have no clue. Any help greatly appreciated and sorry if I posted in the wrong place.
For reference
You must be registered for see images attach

What it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fuel heater I think, I'm onna 4" screen

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WIF sensor on the bottom of factory fuel filter bowl, you have it deleted with the one piece filter so it is normally omitted.

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That one piece filter might have a plug on the bottom of it that the old sensor never got swapped in.
Care to look?

JonD

Reaction score
I found a picture of what the connection looks like if it's plugged in. I'll check tomorrow when I've got daylight. This was the photo I found with it attached.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
That’s the fuel heater in that picture.... that is not where the plug you showed earlier goes. The plug in your earlier pictures is for the Water In Fuel light and goes on a sensor on the bottom of the filter (the stock 2 piece filter).....

The fuel heater is a completely different plug than you have shown.... I would snap a couple of pictures for you, but right now the only truck in the fleet is a 6.9 and uses a different head and filter......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online