Whats the invoice on...

bct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a new loaded 4 door longbox 4x4 auto?

I've heard that there jacking up the msrp on trucks then calling it employee discounts. I just want to know if the deas real and what i can expect to be out the door for.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See HERE for some insight from one of our members.

bct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did a little detective work and Dave Smith in Kellog ID sells at invoice all the time. It works out to be about $1000 more than gm employee priceing. I may wind up waiting and getting an 06 through them. maybe I'll make a dune trip out of it! ;Sweet

Max Power

Reaction score
Well, for 06 you will have a 6 speed instead of a 5speed. Higher OD so better fuel mileage. Plus they have made some changes to improve cooling and a few other things. I would wait for an 06. 06 you can not get sunroof but 05 you can.

06.5 will have 350hp and 6?0 ft lbs torque as well.

07 or possibly 08 will be new body style. Apparantly the 07 Tahoes, Yukons etc will be the first released with the new body style (early model) and the Trucks will follow a bit later in the year. I would be willing to bet it will be 08 until the HD Diesel trucks get the new body. Apparantly the new body style will also bring more power etc. and possibly a new generation of the duramax.

bct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well damnit, I don't really want too buy a motor thats on its way in or out. Thats why im not lookin at the fords...

Max Power

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it is on its way out, it's just being changed to keep up with the competition and emissions requirements etc. Go ahead and buy it, you will probably upgrade the power anyways so who cares what the base lines are. Plus, you can't beat the current promotions!

bct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I meant by that, Is i want a motor like the 7.3di or 12v that spent sevral years in 1 configuration. no I dont care about hp, ima make whatever scream...

And theres no 05's to buy with the current promotions.

Max Power

Reaction score
As long as the manufacturers are in a power struggle and the US is getting tighter on emissions I think we will keep seeing changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
93 Farm Truck

Members online