What the hell is efi live?

fordboy324

Reaction score
Ive been hearing about efi live for quite sometime, i know it reflashes your ecm. I went to efi live .com and downloaded there program, now can i get some help on how to mess with stuff and the free download...can it be used or is it just to show you what its like? thanks!

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
EFI Live is a computer program that lets you custom adjust the various parameters in a computer controlled engine. I know GM uses it on all their new vehicles. Don't know if any others use it.

Basically it lets you go into the ECM and adjust anything and everything you want. You can adjust individual injector operating parameters (duration of injection cycle, etc), max boost levels, how fast to inject fuel according to boost levels, MAX rpm, vehicle top speed, trannie shift points, shift speed, firmness, etc. If it's controlled by a computer, EFI Live let's you tinker with it.

bowtiekyle

Reaction score
Rebel is right on. The program you downloaded can be used to alter tunes but it's pretty much worthless without the cable. If i remember correctly it wont let you save any tune you alter until you have a product verification code . you can dowload tunes off of the efilive website or find some over at the DieselPlace.com theres plenty of info on EFI over there.

01txdmax

Reaction score
that's correct, you can download the program for free, but it will not allow you to save tunes and you wont be able to connect your laptop with out the cable.

EFI Live gives you the ability to alter tunes, data log runs and save data for further analysis (wether it be for racing or to troubleshoot a gripe), and alter diagnostic trouble codes to accomodate some mods (egr delete, dpf delete, non-VVT install on a LLY-up, etc).

It is a good product and their customer support is second to none. This program is used to tune some of the fastest Duramax's in the country.