what should my fuel pressure be?

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a fuel pressure gauge from genos garage. do i need the banjo bolt or anything to install it? it says it comes with hardware and tubing. what should my fuel pressure be normally while driving and while going uphill?

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are plenty of locations to install it I know the banjo bolt is one way to connect it. What fuel pressure gauge did you go with it should come with instructions and all the stuff to install the gauge correctly. Pretty much fuel pressure will be 14-16psi at idle an under NO circumstances should it drop below 10psi even at WOT.

-Jordan-

hdkarmy

Reaction score
need some pics of the install. I would like to see were you tie it in.

Chrisbuyer

Reaction score
So, I'm wondering what ever happened on this question. I have an 01 3500 with a 3rd iteration of the factory pump mounted on the frame. I have a fuel pressure gauge and it reads 13.5 psi at the VP-44fuel inlet. Doesn't seem to vary at all no load to going up a grade with my 30' toyhauler behind. I drive pretty conservatively, keep the EGT below 1200 always, usually below 1150 for most climbs. Seems reasonably prudent to ensure long engine and driveline life.

I guess I'll have to update my files. Haven't been here in quite awhile. Lost a house and then took care of my dad with Alzheimers for 2 years. Now, new state, new house, new outlook.