What oil do you use?

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, what oils are you all using and is it synthetic?

I use Amsoil throughout and am very happy with it's performance.

Stoked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil Delvac 1300. It is not synthetic. I havn't bought in to that synthetic thing yet except for the axles, tranny, and transfer case. I still change the engine oil every 5000.

B

Big K

Originally posted by Stoked
Mobil Delvac 1300. It is not synthetic. I havn't bought in to that synthetic thing yet except for the axles, tranny, and transfer case. I still change the engine oil every 5000.

Sounds like you have bought in pretty far.;p

Lotsa different flavors to suit all of us.

I have used synthetic products in almost everything I've owned for nearly 20 years, so I guess I'm fully bought in.:D

Your '04 is likely too new for syn in the engine yet, anyway.

White Ram

Reaction score
MTL in the Trans.

RP in the rearend, in spring it will go to Redline.

Valvoline 15-40 Cummins approved stuff from Cummins NW. At the next oil change I will have 20 some thousand on it and will switch to a synthetic.

Now the big question which synthetic should I switch to for the engine oil?

steve

rubberfish

Reaction score
synthetic in the trans because that's what it came with, and everything else gets what's on sale that week. Not loyal to any paticular brand. It's all oil, and I'm going to throw it away in 4k kms.

ericthered

Dude, wheres my car??
Reaction score
Not loyal to any paticular brand. It's all oil, and I'm going to throw it away in 4k kms.

True....True:D

Although I'll run approx 5-6k on my dino with oil samples taken every other oil change.79,000 on the clock and going strong:D

Just now gettin' broke in:cheers:

Last edited:

Dmax affair

Reaction score
I switched over to Delo 400 5/40 synthetic. Truck runs so much smoother, especially during cooler temps. Also hardly any smell.;)

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im stuck on Rotella 15-40 and 5-40.... It so damn cheap... and i like to change it every 3,000 to 4,000...... You can't go wrong..:moon:

gwhammy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rottela in the motor, put RP in the trans and it sure made it go in gear and shift better! Guess I ot to change the tranfer case and front and rearend now. Kinda forgot them and got to many miles on the oil. Do you think RP would be OK in tranfercase or is it to heavy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx