what items (besides engine and trans) can I get from my wreck '05 to put in my 1994 CTD?

raxley

Reaction score
I have a wrecked 2005 single cab that I am soon going to put the engine and trans into 1994 CTD. I noticed the seats are different, I will have to make modifications to get them in my 1994.
I have to get rid of the rest of the truck pretty soon (have to pay rent on storage)
My 05 engine has a stock 2005 turbo on top of a S400. I want to replace the stock with a good s300 or something else that gets a lot of power. I rarely load the truck, rarely tow. I have a billet input, modified valve body, new Goerand converter. On the engine I have the Smarty that was around when I bought the truck, a upgraded (filters, bigger manual lift pump in addition to electric fuel pump) I know I need studs before a stronger turbo. I have many gauges. I think that's about it. Any ideas of a turbo good for my setup? It's a work truck, but 99% time I only have my tools (500 pounds maybe)
I've heard that some people modify the stock turbo to make it better. I'm wondering about any great advances for the Cummins TD that I don't know about. I haven't kept up with the performance sites since I wrecked the 05 in Dec 2011.
Older trucks (like mine) have 16" wheels, it would be nice to move the total rearend to the '94, I heard some people have modified the '94 rotors (or whatever) to have the newer 17" wheels.

raxley

Reaction score
I'm having a guy with a lot of knowledge move the engine/trans. He knows a LOT about hp diesels (but favors the 12 valve) and he used to have a really pumped 3rd Gen. I know about the vacuum pump required to AC/heat etc. I seem to remember something about a wire loom pre-made that was about $1000. I think there is another part needed for conversion but can't remember what it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FordLTDiesel

Members online

No members online now.