What hasn't broken, that should have...

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Since we can't seem to break these ole dogs...err, goats, I thought maybe we should have a thread to discuss what should have broken last time we abused our rig.

The Ferd boys can't play here, cuz they always seem to break something, when they play. :draw :rotflmao

I'll go first.

The body should have fallen off The Crossbreed by now. It is rigged down onto the Dodge mounts, the rear crossmember collapsed, and was fixed with half a piece of square tubing. Haven't had any trouble since then. God knows I should have been dumped in the ditch several times, as hard as it corners.

Last tank of fuel I averaged 20.6pg, up from 16.3, on winter fuel. Not too shabby considering most of my miles, are town driving. I'm sure I never mash it, just to watch the smoke trail. :angel:

I was going to do water/**** injection, for more power and lower EGT, at the Fair pulls. I think I'll leave it alone, just to see if my last 2 wins were luck, or the Grace of Gen1.

Some day, I'm going to have to change the radiator, but my stat housing leak seems to have all but dried up, and there is still green stuff in the radiator.

Next......

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Well I always seemed to kill tranny's in my crossbreed! Got tired of replacing them and after I killed the last one and the Dana 70 I parted her out! Kind of kick my self in the ass for it but at least I got another CTD! ;Sweet

Pic of what I had then and what I have now!

Andy

Attachments

• CrewCab.jpg
    CrewCab.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 15
  • P5080038.jpg
    P5080038.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 5

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
TWEEEEEET!!!! Foul!! :***:

This is the "what I didn't break" thread. Not the "what I broke and got tired of replacing" thread. :rolleyes:

The cry in your beer forum is 2 doors down. :cry:

:draw

At least you got another Cummins :hail , instead of a Choker :puke: .

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Not crying about it just stating what broke and continued to break! I had starter go, and Ps pump but other then that just the trans! Of course the Dodge the trans and rear came out of had 450K on it I knew it would happen!

You cant say what will break next! Just have to drivem and fixem! Never did manage to break any major engine parts or suspension! I beat the hell out of that truck and it did me well!

Andy

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I talked to the former owner's son, the other day. He informed me, that The Crossbreed had over 500k on it, when they got it. They had the tranny gone through, as well as the rear end.

I talked to a local guy, today, who had a rig that looked a lot like your old one. He dropped a Gen1/auto into the Chev chassis. It was quite a bit lower than yours. He finally shipped it, when his tranny died. His mistake was pulling a tandem dual goosneck, hauling tractors.

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
PackRat said:
I talked to the former owner's son, the other day. He informed me, that The Crossbreed had over 500k on it, when they got it. They had the tranny gone through, as well as the rear end.

I talked to a local guy, today, who had a rig that looked a lot like your old one. He dropped a Gen1/auto into the Chev chassis. It was quite a bit lower than yours. He finally shipped it, when his tranny died. His mistake was pulling a tandem dual goosneck, hauling tractors.

Yeap that is what killed mine as well! Along with racing and burnouts!

Andy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online