What do I need to know

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I will keep the oil in mind...... I hav been busy putting miles on this thing and trying to learn the little stuff... I need to read the manual... and I want to plug the egr, if I can get more info on how to do it...

Keep the links coming..... I do have a case of chevy fuel filters, if any chevy guys are reading this....

This beast is different... fun to drive.... and I love having lower rpms on the highway.....

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The little metallic circle you see is the top of the EGR. Simply unplug the harness (blue band). I never did plug mine back in for service, but it was always plugged back in without comment. I would unplug in the service lane when I picked it back up.

Attachments

• egr.jpg
    egr.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you notice performance gain/loss with it upluged.. or get any codes.... Or is it mostly for leaner oil...

Im going to look for it in the morning...

Thanks

TooMuchBoost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only cooler EGT's and cleaner oil.

It will leave a few EGR codes, but the dealer never cared.

Also, when you remove the speed limiter and run ~100mph it will leave an over-speed code.

FYI- The speedo shuts off and goes back to 0 when the truck hits 100-105. I nearly shat the first time it happened in my 02 because I thought something broke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.