Welding an entire firewall on....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meanwhile in CA we are finding ways to defend ourselves from flying rubber *** toys and devices to survive through a flood of tears,
You must be registered for see images attach

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
So welding a new firewall isn't acceptable, swapping cabs isn't acceptable, What is? I have rot right around the rear cab mounts and front. Welding would still not be a real fix for the mounts. The firewall portion I'm thinking on isn't structural. Just from one pillar to the other. So its came to the point, I'm either going to try and weld up the places I have rot, or swap the cab and vin. Looks like either way there will be those who don't like what I do. A co-worker said he can mig weld the panels in and I've seen his work. Not bad stuff. I'd trust him. Running out of time and options.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
get a different truck.
or use it for a learning curve.
turn it into a drag truck?
or simply get another cab. I wont tell you how many trucks ive cut up in the past 2 years.
single cabs, crew cabs, super cabs, broncos, you name it LOL

heres what that prestine 100k 96 crew cab looks like today.
I may be choppin it up soon :sly

salt in the wound? (pun intended)

You must be registered for see images attach

Cruiseomatic

Defining Insanity
Reaction score
I'd much much much rather get a new cab. But brother, at $350-400 they're not cheap. But, If I do that, I'll have PLENTY of patch panels available for sale.
I already found where I can get door jamb vin sticker reprints that look original. And, It'll will make painting easier as the new one will be stripped already. I'm not giving up on this truck. I've HEAVILY thought about it but won't. And you're right Brian, I am using this one as a learning curve as I have a '89 that is right after this one.
We should call you Dr. Ford-kinstein lol. Take a bunch of parts from different donors and create a monster with them.