Weird heat issue

Adrenaline73

Reaction score
Hey guys my 2004 the heat worked great when I got it the I did the oil cooler and deleted the egr cooler. But now has no heat at all the valve works I can get some heat when driver but not enough to really even notice. I was thinking maybe the heater core got plugged or has an air bubble?

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feel the heater hoses after you drive it. Are they hot? Is one hotter than the other? If yes you have coolant flowing through the heater core. The next thing I would look at is the heat control valve. Is it hot on both hoses? That will tell you if it is working.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine. I had a coolant leak, and found it to be the "little blue hose" to the EGR Cooler. Found out the only real way to replace that hose is to pull the cooler, replace the hose and reinstall the cooler. I don't have emissions testing in my state, so I made the decision, if it came off, it wasn't going back on. Before I had the EGR removed, the heat in my Excursion was a warm as any gasser I've ever owned. It was winter when the EGR was deleted, and I picked it up, and found if the air temp is below 20 degrees Frankenstein, the engine just doesn't really warm up. I had "warm", not heat. I found even if the temp was in the teens, and I drove home from work, which is a 30 mile mixed, city, interstate, county roads route, that wne I would stop at the fuel station near my house, the truck would kick up to hi idle because the coolant temp was so low. If it was closer to 30 and up... heat was fine, but when it was really cold out, no real heat. Even the factory "gauge" showed the heat was low. I still want to buy a winter front for that truck, but haven't....

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iv done puckups never a excursion egr delete and never had heater issues wonder if the rear heat has something to do with flow disturbance after the delete

Adrenaline73

Reaction score
Feel the heater hoses after you drive it. Are they hot? Is one hotter than the other? If yes you have coolant flowing through the heater core. The next thing I would look at is the heat control valve. Is it hot on both hoses? That will tell you if it is working.

yep they are hot so we decided to turn the valve off on the coolant filter then all of the sudden heat started working… I’m a little confused on what the coolant filter being makes the heat work maybe an air bubble?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01