Water/**** injection

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
WOW I guess I'm in the early stages of addiction cuz the nozzle I have is only 3.9 GPH On the other hand I'm more of a danger to myself with no gauges installed. I need a sponser bad! I did have a moment of clarity and turned the fuel down a bit but she still smokes pretty good.

So are you trying to say that W/M injection can be a bad thing :puke: ?
I'm suddenly feeling sad :cry:

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picture it being used only when desperately needed like a 10 sec truck pull, a dragrace, pulling a huge load up a hill, etc. Kind of like how you'd use propane, NOS.

I wouldn't think running it for more than several minutes would be adviseable.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Duke said:
I picture it being used only when desperately needed like a 10 sec truck pull, a dragrace, pulling a huge load up a hill, etc. Kind of like how you'd use propane, NOS.

I wouldn't think running it for more than several minutes would be adviseable.

I think you may be on to something because I used mine all the time (even running to the store to get more "*****") cookoo But there's nothing like rounding a corner in a limited slip crew cab dually with the W/M activated :eek: You should see the look on the guy's face in the honda as you so sliding by LOL

pafixitman

Reaction score
Markinter said:
So are you trying to say that W/M injection can be a bad thing :puke: ?
I'm suddenly feeling sad :cry:

Remeber those car commercials that showed the guy w/ the solid lead foot? argve did those commercials. The E did not have a "go" pedal, it had an on / off switch! Moderation is / was not in his vocabulary.

That said...The ride I got in NC was fun... :thumbsup: :peelout

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
I would hit the switch once I was hitting the grade and then turn it off soon after reaching the top. My purpose for installing the kit was to reduce egts due to my turning up the fuel rate and if any hp were added then all the better.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
Looks to me like, this thing equates to a tire spin modulator, with auxiliary u-joint detonation switch. LOL LOL

Actually, I've been thinking on water/**** on The Crossbreed. There's no room for an intercooler, unless I do something exotic, which I can't afford.

Any of you guys got a table on what size nozzles/flow rate, for what displacement, and some consideration of pump pressure?

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark,

I think that's its' best application. Running it all the time on an engine that expensive doesn't sound right.

Have you done your gov springs yet? If you haven't you don't know what your missing.

I still haven't touched my timing.

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
PackRat
The ratio I've seen is 1.5 to 2.0 gph for each 100 hp your engine puts out as a starting point. 100 psi is what I have and I've read that 60 is just enough to atomize the water.

Duke, I still haven't done the springs yet I don't know if I need to with my gearing being so high 3.73 I think my timing advance has reduced my mpg but I can't be sure because of the different speed limits in Cal where I drive 55 to 62 and when I'm out of state I drive 65 or so.It could be that I'm just on the throttle more. I will get a better idea in the next few weeks while I work in state. I'm thinking of removing my muffler :Sly . How loud is a DT with out one anyone know?

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
nevrenufhp said:
Timing, more fuel, and gov springs! :love: Gotta do all 3 to be on the DARK side! :Sly

Speaking of the dark side I can hardly see my license plate from all the soot LOL . How ya been nevrenufhp? Find a project truck yet? I was looking for you while out in some other states. I saw some interseting stuff in peoples yards, hard to tell if they had a junkyard or just rundown equipment.

Markinter

User Registered
Reaction score
Keep on getting the OT and that tranny will get into your truck that much sooner. Looks like you've been busy. Just don't be working when I'm up your way so you can test drive my truck. then you can tell me if you think a gov spring adjustment is in order.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Markinter said:
Keep on getting the OT and that tranny will get into your truck that much sooner. Looks like you've been busy. Just don't be working when I'm up your way so you can test drive my truck. then you can tell me if you think a gov spring adjustment is in order.

You should know I'm going to say you need more rpm. LOL But I'll still take a test spin to compare it to my '94.
I need the tranny, track bar, drag link, gauges, better exhaust, PS pump, low pressure fuel lines, overflow valve, and a few other little things :puke:

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I just submitted my write up to Mel so he can add it to the 6.9 7.3 tech article section.