Wastegate adjustment.

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Just out of curiosity, why did you use Locktite?
Arp's website said it was an option and i just kinda like the idea of some blue locktite on head studs. I dunno, im not a professional mechanic but just my preference.
I also opted not to pull the heads to install studs. I just know there cracked - cuz thats what they do, didnt wanna open that can of worms just yet

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just know there cracked - cuz thats what they do, didnt wanna open that can of worms just yet
I'm convinced that unless you are getting combustion gasses into the coolant or something... don't worry about cracks.

I ran a head with a nice crack between the intake and exhaust valves on two cylinders, in addition to the usual precup cracking and... no issues.
(the head cracked in the first place due to a leaking head gasket I think - it was leaking combustion gasses into the coolant and probably caused a hot-spot).

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
I'm convinced that unless you are getting combustion gasses into the coolant or something... don't worry about cracks.

I ran a head with a nice crack between the intake and exhaust valves on two cylinders, in addition to the usual precup cracking and... no issues.
(the head cracked in the first place due to a leaking head gasket I think - it was leaking combustion gasses into the coolant and probably caused a hot-spot).
Hail yeah!
Now when/if i do a build, i will worry about cracks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrymac

Staff online