Wastegate adjustment

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
I sealed up my crossover pipe, and have no leaks from them. I dont see any soot around where the y connects to the uppipe so apparently it dont leak. I am still only able to attain 4-5psi. Would a bad compressor wheel cause it, or a leak somewhere else maybe, or is my wastgate adjusted enough.

Here is where the w/g is currently at.

You must be registered for see images attach

The exhaust wheel

Black dawg

Reaction score
I sealed up my crossover pipe, and have no leaks from them. I dont see any soot around where the y connects to the uppipe so apparently it dont leak. I am still only able to attain 4-5psi. Would a bad compressor wheel cause it, or a leak somewhere else maybe, or is my wastgate adjusted enough.

Here is where the w/g is currently at.

The exhaust wheel

how much fuel?
egt?

Reaction score
Man turn the wastgate up, I have about 3/8"-1/4" or so threads left and it would max out at 11.5...before I plugged it. I think there should also be a jam nut on the rod ?

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I don't know much about turbos, and I am sure someone who does will chime in before long, but your hot side wheel looks f'ed

PZ

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to drill that dimple in the actuator sleeve and the one on the other side till you hit the threads or it will twist off the rod., then add a jam nut if you want.