Want to turn up my fuel.

cumminsandstrokin

Reaction score
i got an 89 dodge power ram 1 ton with the first generation cummins in it, and i want to find out how to turn the fuel up on it. i can do it on the 24 valves, but i have yet to mess with these engines yet. if anyone could help me out, that would be great...

moparmike91

Moparmike91
Reaction score
i found great advice,,i tried it tested it and yes these guys are bang on,,geno's garage first generation diesel is where i found good info

cumminsandstrokin

Reaction score
and thanks for the info. i appreciate it. i dont know if its just me, but i sure do love black smoke!

moparmike91

Moparmike91
Reaction score
also go to google and type in DSG in search they have some great upgrades for our trucks
my truck really pulls after i did the adjustments that were on that site i work at dodge dealership as journey man mechanic and we've done these adjustments to alot of trucks,,long live the black smokin 12 valves

cumminsandstrokin

Reaction score
I KNOW MAN!!! i love doin that! lol, and i really like the look on their faces afterwards! o man, that kills me! lol, and thanks, ill take a look at it. i appreciate it. and you wouldnt happen to have run across any really good deals on a truck just like this one for cheap would you? well, holler back, and thanks again.

cumminsandstrokin

Reaction score
hey, i typed in DSG, but im not quite sure what im lookin for, so if you could point me in the right direction, that would be great... thanks

moparmike91

Moparmike91
Reaction score
dsg

when u go into thier site look to your left there will be selections. pic the 88 to 93 diesel and go to fuel and turbo charger selection scroll down and it should be there heres the link http://www.dieselservices.com/ sorry ishould gave it to u earlier

LOGANSTANFORTH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are 3 threaded rods that face towards the firewall of your truck on the injection pump, when leaning over the driveside fenderwell, the 1st one closest to you is the throttle stop, back it out and the throttle will travel farther, hence more speed, 2nd one, which you can still get too without taking the throttle bracket off the block, break the jamb nut loose with the appropriate sized wrench and screw the rod in with a flat blade screw driver, your truck will start to idle up at this point, if you go too far you will achieve "run away" and that is bad cause the truck will rev up on its own til it blows up, have some standing near the turbo with something solid, like a wood board to put over the inlet to kill the engine, i got 4 or 5 turns or more on my fuel screw, i cant remember, now on behind that almost against the block is the idle screw, you will have to take the throttle bracket off the block to get to it, turn your idle screw down til it idles normally, mine is set perfectly, the idle screw is backed all the way out and it idles perfectly, now to the smoke screw, the smoke screw is located under a tin cover on the top of your pump, the cover with the 4 bolts in it, dont take the bolts out, there is a round piece o nthat cover that looks like the top, its actually a tin cover that can be pryed off and underneath that is the smoke screw, turn it clockwise. that should just about cover it i think.