Wally the Walrus (1992 E350 High Roof/Ext. Body)

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
One issue with the Motorcraft brand filters is, during COVID, the manufacturer that made all the Motorcraft filter closed. So they were very hard to get for a while. By now, a new source has been found, but I bet they are still behind.

My Walmart stocks a decent selection of Motorcraft filters and normally has the 1995 on the shelf and the one for my 6.0 (I don’t know the number, but it‘s the only one that is in the $25 range, so I just grab it, plus it’s a cartridge filter, not a spin on, so it’s easy to pick out). But the 500-S for my 3.5EB seems to be the one that sells out quickly…. I think it is the most common one…. Like in the good old days of the FL-1A that went on what seemed like everything Ford made…….

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying to stock up in about the middle of the covid crap, so hopefully they have or will get them back in stock.

All my vehicles except for my wife's gm pos car and the cj5 jeep use either the FL-1995 or the FL-1A.

James

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing vehicles all on blocks makes me think of "Back to the Future" and flying cars. It's like the "Flying Walrus"!!!
Why all the tarps? Is that for storms only? Man the mice would be celebrating up here over so many home choices.

Unless you light up everyone of them!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why all the tarps? Is that for storms only? Man the mice would be celebrating up here over so many home choices.

Unless you light up everyone of them!I
It's an older picture. When I have mowers for sale, I tarp them so they'll be dry when people come check them out. KITT was, and still is tarped because he has "T" tops and they leaked...... and still leak even after meticulously replacing the gaskets. KITT is a sunny day car until I can make him a hard top. As far as mice, I got cats.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an older picture. When I have mowers for sale, I tarp them so they'll be dry when people come check them out. KITT was, and still is tarped because he has "T" tops and they leaked...... and still leak even after meticulously replacing the gaskets. KITT is a sunny day car until I can make him a hard top. As far as mice, I got cats.
I was just thinking today if I put a doggie door in my crawl space door. Then unblock the one in my mudroom (thru the wall) I could get a couple cats. Then the mice could shiver in their boots!!

I know I’m an odd man out, but I’m more of a cat person!!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking today if I put a doggie door in my crawl space door. Then unblock the one in my mudroom (thru the wall) I could get a couple cats. Then the mice could shiver in their boots!!

I know I’m an odd man out, but I’m more of a cat person!!
I got a bunch of cats. PM me your address and I'll send you a level 5gal bucket full. Or better yet, I'll get the biggest flat rate box at the post office and stuff a couple of them full. If you have a small farm you have to have a bunch of cats, or you got rats..... and I prefer cats. And pit bulls, if you ain't got pit bulls on the farm you got possums, racoons, foxes, coyotes, white people, stray dogs, etc. And no my dogs don't mess with the cats, and the cats don't mess with the chickens, I do have cats that will beat up the dogs and game chickens that will beat up the cats.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just returned from dads 80th birthday family get together.

2465 total miles

6 tanks of fuel equaling an mpg of: 16.6 (Placerville CO to Rawlings WY)
15.6 (Rawlings WY to Lead SD)
16.7 (Around Black Hills including 80mph taking wife to airport)
14.5 (Lead SD to Mitchell SD via hwy 44 to Badlands, and I-90 from Murdo east)
15.7 (Mitchell SD to Big Springs NE I-80/76 junction)
14.9 (Big Springs NE to New Castle CO including I-76, I-25, Downtown Denver, and I-70 with 2 big passes)

I fill on lowest notch, when it shuts off, I can get another ~5 gallons in to bring it right up to the brim.

I think if I’m nose up a little, it will take more fuel than nose down to bring it to top of the fill tube.

Used less than 1/4 quart of oil.

Ran flawless!! Man the wind was brutal!! 40 mph sustained some days.

I ran 68 mph on all 65-posted hi ways and 71 on all interstates. (75/80 mph).

The van really liked 71 mph. I think my timing is still retarded some. I could run 75-80 but it felt more forced.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO i was hoping for 16-18 mpg. But with the wind, a 7000lb brick of a vehicle, and the speeds, I can’t complain.

It worked awesome. R12 cooled well. It actually works better on Norm when driving vs max. Maybe its down on Freon a little. I have (3) can of R12. But finding someone with the recovery equipment for R12 seems difficult.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
i was hoping for 16-18 mpg. But with the wind, a 7000lb brick of a vehicle, and the speeds, I can’t complain.
Don't forget that these vehicles were built during the bad old days of a 55 nationwide speed limit of 55 MPH. When you were driving 70-75, then you weren't getting the same fuel mileage that you would have been at 55-60.
But finding someone with the recovery equipment for R12 seems difficult.
It sure is these days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online