Walbro FRB-13-2 6-8 psi 43 gph

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Anyone running this pump?
It has an internal 70 micron screen, 18,000 hour projected life, 1/4 inch ports. That is 10 gph more than a Facet with all the good features stil included.
If the Facet is marginal at 33 gph will 43 do it? Using Walbros hp to gph calculator it is good for almost 300 hp.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting path for an IDI electric pump. I don’t know anything about this version, but Walbro has a great reputation for long lasting submerged electric OEM pumps in many gassers. There are a lot of folks in the Grand National community that run twin Walbro pumps to get enough fuel for thirsty high horsepower applications with excellent results.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I like to use industrial rated stuff on diesel trucks. Wes May be right and the high flow Mr Gasket / Holley pump with a regulator may be the best way, but I want to rule out any other options.....

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going with a walbro gsl392 since the shop truck with a 100gph Mr gasket pump can’t keep up with the 150cc ip. Figure most stock pumps make about half that much cc.

These rotary pumps use a lot more fuel because they, unlike most pumps with a fixed advance, have a hydraulic advance and is completely lubricated by fuel unlike most other large displacement diesel pumps that are lubricated by oil. This means the pump uses and returns a lot more fuel than most other style injection pumps at a similar hp level.

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I hope it has a better filter than the 70 micron one listed above. That seems like WAY too course of a filter.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I might try one with the terrible reliability problems that I have been having with the Carter 4070 recently.

Where are you guys mounting the Walbro on your trucks?

Last edited:

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fwiw
Without a pressure gauge installed, on my 7k+ Alaska trip I never felt a loss of fueling with the group buy pume..( even though the filter light was coming on like a ****** in a hotel bar) I saw some egt/coolant spiking on long grades\heavy pedal usage.
I got nuthin (light wise) ever with the mech. Pump

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Fwiw
Without a pressure gauge installed, on my 7k+ Alaska trip I never felt a loss of fueling with the group buy pume..( even though the filter light was coming on like a ****** in a hotel bar) I saw some egt/coolant spiking on long grades\heavy pedal usage.
I got nuthin (light wise) ever with the mech. Pump

Was that with the Walbro?

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
I am running a walbro frb pump. Put it on many years ago and forgot I even did it. No problems ever.
Same here, and I run a Goldenrod waterblock filter in front of it to meet warranty requirements. Best pump by far (IMHO)- industrial marine pumps HAVE to be better simply because of their anticipated environment and the lives depending on them. I have it mounted on the passenger side frame rail.