Vibration in the rear

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1995 f250 has a slight vibration in the rear of the truck I’m confused as to it could be carrier bearing spins freely I’m supper confused? Any ideas

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had tires balanced and none of the u joints feel warm after a drive is Their supposed to be any play in the rubber and Houseing of the carrier ?

You must be registered for see images attach

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's 4x4, you could remove the driveshaft and take a drive in front wheel drive mode to see if in fact it is the driveshaft. If it is, get a single piece shaft and be done with the carrier bearing.

clint bartels

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's 4x4, you could remove the driveshaft and take a drive in front wheel drive mode to see if in fact it is the driveshaft. If it is, get a single piece shaft and be done with the carrier bearing.

I have been known to do this at work to test for front or rear issues.

kent01

Reaction score
My 1995 f250 has a slight vibration in the rear of the truck I’m confused as to it could be carrier bearing spins freely I’m supper confused? Any ideas
Mine was doing the same thing.
Pulled the drivelines out all the u joints were dry,brubber on carrier brg was loose. Bought a new carrier brg just took rubber off new one and put on my old brg.(it was good) replaced all u joints. Fixed the vibes!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

MTKirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through this, spinning the driveline by hand, driveline in the truck, the carrier sounded fine. When I took the driveline out I gave the carrier a good spin and it was obvious something was up. My u-joints were all dry as well(un greaseable spicers) so I ordered three new grease-able ones as well as a new carrier & CV joint boot.

clint bartels

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through this, spinning the driveline by hand, driveline in the truck, the carrier sounded fine. When I took the driveline out I gave the carrier a good spin and it was obvious something was up. My u-joints were all dry as well(un greaseable spicers) so I ordered three new grease-able ones as well as a new carrier & CV joint boot.

Sound like a plan. Glad to hear your changing it all while your in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online