Van 6.0 bypass oil filter install?

Dachshund

Reaction score
I want to transfer my oil bypass filter from my 02 7.3 E350 to my 07 6.0 E350. Where does one source the supply side and to where does one return the oil to the engine? I cannot find anything on the web pertaining to the van. All I can find is the truck kits which source the oil from the filter cap and return it to the filler cap. As you vanners know the filter is by the oil pan and there is zero room for anything in the engine bay. I want to mount the filter on the frame rail and not have to run a return all the way up to the filler. I'm stumped. The idea I have now, I don't really like. That is to drill and tap the filter housing aluminum drain plug for the supply side and return the oil to the engine through a drilled and tapped pan drain plug. Don't like the idea as the filter and pan already hang lower than the twin I-beam and adding plumbing will add another 1"-2" or so of rodent blasting -AN fittings.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bolted one to the drivers side of the transmission, the 4R100 has some bosses that are already threaded, I just drilled holes in an aluminum plate and bolted the bypass to it.
Oil pressure is right there on the 7.3 and the return to the oil cap I used.

Wish I had some pics.