Valve Covers

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Does anyone have a valve cover or two they need to get rid of?Can be damaged or not(prefer both,a damaged one or two and a few good ones).Want to do a little R&D down at the plant.

IDIeselman

Reaction score
Freight, send me a PM with your address and how many you need. I have 4 off and can get more if you need them.
I have a friend that is living in Athens Al that is coming home for Christmas that could bring them back if your anywhere close.
Tim

what in the hemm are you up to?

ramon f350

Reaction score
I bet he will be working on some cool valve covers for the IDI trucks like gassers have ( fingers crossed) that would be nice to have some nice valve covers

Ramon

Freight_Train

Reaction score
ramon f350 said:
I bet he will be working on some cool valve covers for the IDI trucks like gassers have ( fingers crossed) that would be nice to have some nice valve covers

Ramon

You know me......I did have a quote though.$600 on the first set but much cheaper after that due to not having to pay for programming and tooling for the next runs.But they still won't be cheap.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Oh,forgot to ask,Anyone go a good closeup shot of the turbo area?I forgot how close the turbo is to the valve cover.I am gonna have to take that into consideration when drawing up some blue print.

Reaction score
I've got a few in my signature you could look at. They are 6.9 pics, but it should be close. Not sure what you've got planned, but it seems like you'd have the most problems with the fuel filter and the CDR valve with the banks kit...if you're not running a rdt.

Also, I think Old Mr. Bill had a box full of stuff. He may have some valve covers he'd be willing to sell.

Paul

ramon f350

Reaction score
let me get home tonight and i will take a couple of pics of my engine comaprtment and post them for you

Ramon

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
Oh,forgot to ask,Anyone go a good closeup shot of the turbo area?I forgot how close the turbo is to the valve cover.I am gonna have to take that into consideration when drawing up some blue print.
I think different turbo kits place the turbo in a slightly different position relative to the passenger's side valve cover. FWIW, here's a picture of mine (with an early ATS non-WG'ed unit)...I have a couple more if you want...

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 23
Reaction score
Warden:

Yep, that's definately closer. Nice clear picture.

Freight Train:

are you looking for the 94 or the 91 or are you trying to make a set that will fit all applications...ie sell them?

Paul

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the waste gated Banks system, there plenty of clearance to the valve cover. However, the glow plug controller is relocated above the valve cover.

Last edited:

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
I love the fact that some one is really trying to dress these motors up we tried to get something like this going with the 304 IH Scout and adding a 4bbl carb

Freight_Train

Reaction score
6point9diesel said:
Warden:

Yep, that's definately closer. Nice clear picture.

Freight Train:

are you looking for the 94 or the 91 or are you trying to make a set that will fit all applications...ie sell them?

Paul

thinking about a universal set.Gotta see exactly what I can have made up and how much.The CDR is gonna cause trouble since I don't want to have some real sharp valve covers made up with a big ugly plug stuck in them for non CDR.But I will also see if they could add a drill code in for a little extra.Now as for the Glow plug relay.....ehhh,crap.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
before you get all carried away, be sure to check how much or little room you have between the valve cover and the AC condensor box. That has to be my #1 selling item on the really odd used parts requests.

highest_vision

Reqistered User
Reaction score
towcat said:
before you get all carried away, be sure to check how much or little room you have between the valve cover and the AC condensor box. That has to be my #1 selling item on the really odd used parts requests.
Yeah, and whether or not you can install a taller cover and use all the bolts ;Pissed :D
James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online