Vacuum canister

Rondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of installing a vacuum canister to my vacuum rail. Has anyone done this? Is there a benefit? What all is the vacuum used for? My cruise control is electric. At higher speeds it surges back and forth slightly. Enough for me to feel but not for the wife to complain. If I take off the cruise control i can hold the speed with my foot so o don’t think it is fuel.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I don't think it'll help your cruise at all if it's electric. Aren't they vacuum over electric?
Vacuum is used for the brakes and some heater/ac controls.

To put it in retrospect, my truck has the stock vacuum reservoir, and my dad's truck does not. Both have cruise, both work.

Rondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll have to look at the cruise closer. I think it is all electric. No hose going to the motor assembly. Forgot about the brakes. They stop real good. I do need to replace the parking brake cables and figure I may as well replace rear brakes at the same time as I don’t know what they are like.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somewhere around 92-93 they went full electric for the cruise. I'd imagine it was 92 with the body style change but I'm not certain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online