Used .84 or 1.0 housing - what to look for?

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I understand the 99+ trucks used the smaller .84 and 1.0 A/R turbo housings. Our OBS ones are 1.15.

I'm going to be visiting some wrecking yards in the next few weeks. Hopefully they have some core turbos... exhaust housings seem to even survive an engine fire. heh.

So what am I looking for specifically? models years? casting number? transmission type matter? GVWR? I'd like to find a direct bolt-on... or if necessary, go so far as deleting the EBPV in the process.

TIA!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I understand the 99+ trucks used the smaller .84 and 1.0 A/R turbo housings. Our OBS ones are 1.15.

I'm going to be visiting some wrecking yards in the next few weeks. Hopefully they have some core turbos... exhaust housings seem to even survive an engine fire. heh.

So what am I looking for specifically? models years? casting number? transmission type matter? GVWR? I'd like to find a direct bolt-on... or if necessary, go so far as deleting the EBPV in the process.

TIA!

I have a turbo off a 99+ and also a turbo off 94-97, both in good shape, PM if interested

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The superduty exhaust housing will not just bolt on to your OBS turbo. To run a Superduty turbo you will need everything, up pipes, collector, pedestal and one exhaust manifold. plus some other things.

I just bought a 1.0 housing brand new for $125.

zpd307

Reaction score
early 99 turbos, 12/98 and earlier, were suppose to be like the 94-97 turbos, only they were wastegated. i know some have switched to a van exhaust housing, which is nongated.... the d66 turbo upgrade is good for 94-early 99 turbos.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
The superduty exhaust housing will not just bolt on to your OBS turbo. To run a Superduty turbo you will need everything, up pipes, collector, pedestal and one exhaust manifold. plus some other things.

I just bought a 1.0 housing brand new for $125.

Damn... I was looking at scrounging used parts because nobody I've talked to can get me the .84 housing for approx what you paid within the next 3 weeks.

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
early 99 compressor outlet is the same. Thats why guys use the e99 intake spyder to intercool OBS trucks. I have one waiting for my 95. The up pipes and collector are completely different on the superduties. collector to turbine housing mounts with a V band instead of the 4 bolt flange like the OBS trucks. Give a call to High Tech Turbo, I think they sell them for about $150.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online