Updated my Superchips Flashpaq

Diesel Warrior

Browning Snob
Reaction score
I got an email that an upgrade was available, I set my truck back to stock and updated. I reinstalled the Performance level in the truck, I was running tow/perf because it shifted like crap. Well, I have to say it shifts way better now. I know, I know the tuner doesent tell the Ally how to shift, I'm just saying what happened. Also the updated added the ability to calculate 0-60 times and 60 ft, 1/8th mile times etc. Pretty cool, not PPE, but pretty cool.

Last edited:

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I got an email that an upgrade was available, I set my truck back to stock and updated. I reinstalled the Performance level in the truck, I was running tow/perf because it shifted like crap. Well, I have to say it shifts way better now. I know, I know the tuner doesent tell the Ally how to shift, I'm just saying what happened. Also the updated added the ability to calculate 0-60 times and 60 ft, 1/8th mile times etc. Pretty cool, not PPE, but pretty cool.

I haven't really looked into tuners yet. I'm still working on getting my truck set up the way I want it in stock tune. I will probably do a cat-back sooner than later. So educate me, I'm getting close to wanting some performance upgrades. What is it about the Superchips you like/dislike and what features does it offer?

Tom

Diesel Warrior

Browning Snob
Reaction score
I haven't really looked into tuners yet. I'm still working on getting my truck set up the way I want it in stock tune. I will probably do a cat-back sooner than later. So educate me, I'm getting close to wanting some performance upgrades. What is it about the Superchips you like/dislike and what features does it offer?

Tom
Superchips is okay. You are limited to about +80rwhp with a stock trans (I've heard up to +100rwhp). Airbox is fine the way it is, cat backs give little performance enhancement but some EGT reduction though. Predator, Hypertech and Superchips are all in the same league, noticably better performance without a dire threat to the Allison. PPE and EFI Live are the big hitters but EFI Live sounds way too complicated for this country boy. I dont plan on upgrading the trans anytime soon (9800 miles) and I got the Flashpaq for about $300 (customer service complaint). If I were to do it again, I would probably go with the Predator and buy a tune from Lyndon Westers for $150 that can be loaded into the Pred. Maybe someday I will and I'll sell the Flashpaq. For right now it's fine, I got a big kick in the pants power wise and about 1-2 mpg and I still feel relatively safe tranny wise. Hope this helps.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Superchips is okay. You are limited to about +80rwhp with a stock trans (I've heard up to +100rwhp). Airbox is fine the way it is, cat backs give little performance enhancement but some EGT reduction though. Predator, Hypertech and Superchips are all in the same league, noticably better performance without a dire threat to the Allison. PPE and EFI Live are the big hitters but EFI Live sounds way too complicated for this country boy. I dont plan on upgrading the trans anytime soon (9800 miles) and I got the Flashpaq for about $300 (customer service complaint). If I were to do it again, I would probably go with the Predator and buy a tune from Lyndon Westers for $150 that can be loaded into the Pred. Maybe someday I will and I'll sell the Flashpaq. For right now it's fine, I got a big kick in the pants power wise and about 1-2 mpg and I still feel relatively safe tranny wise. Hope this helps.

Yep. That's great info for me. I too am not planning on sinking any money into the tranny for quite awhile so, although I'd like a performance increase, I don't want to overdo it. As far as the exhaust goes, I'll probably go with an MBRP cat-back with no muffler simply for sound. I hate not being able to hear it! Not going turbo back until warantee is up and I can finger stick it and block off EGR. Also I did see the other day that AFE now offers a dry filter replacement intake. I know the stock filter is plenty for a basically stock engine. I'm looking at the $70 replacement cost. Three filter changes and there's a new intake kit.

I've had mine 10 months and I'm getting ready to turn 20K miles. What a blast!

Tom

Diesel Warrior

Browning Snob
Reaction score
Yep. That's great info for me. I too am not planning on sinking any money into the tranny for quite awhile so, although I'd like a performance increase, I don't want to overdo it. As far as the exhaust goes, I'll probably go with an MBRP cat-back with no muffler simply for sound. I hate not being able to hear it! Not going turbo back until warantee is up and I can finger stick it and block off EGR. Also I did see the other day that AFE now offers a dry filter replacement intake. I know the stock filter is plenty for a basically stock engine. I'm looking at the $70 replacement cost. Three filter changes and there's a new intake kit.

I've had mine 10 months and I'm getting ready to turn 20K miles. What a blast!

Tom

That's exactly what I've been thinking, I'll probably do a boost and pyro gauge pod first though.